does he not know the gov't is skint

sunnystaines 14:06 25 Apr 2010

As if the tax payers have not seen their money wasted enough all ready, this story shows just how out of touch some of these bafoons really are.

click here

jakimo 14:45 25 Apr 2010

So thats what Miliband does for a living!

Strawballs 15:09 25 Apr 2010

It's in the Tory's official newspaper, there was no way they would stop at just the facts because that would look good for the government

jack 15:23 25 Apr 2010

Because the contract will now go out for printed stationery at all levels from letter paper to memo and no doubt envelopes- as indeed any large org., does- when in fact there is no need to have printed stationery of any type.

All that needs to has is to have each style as a template at the work station

or perhaps they do- may be I am 20 years behind the times.

interzone55 17:03 25 Apr 2010

"All that needs to has is to have each style as a template at the work station"

That's not the case at all I'm afraid.

Most companies have several colours in their logos, but sensible companies do not give their staff access to colour printers because they cost too much to run.

So in the long term they will save money by having pre-printed stationary...

peter99co 23:21 25 Apr 2010

He should be made to foot the bill himself. It makes us look foolish by tarting up a logo just for his vanity.

morddwyd 08:47 26 Apr 2010

How is that living in a different world?

Seems to me it shows that he lives in the same world as everybody else.

Now if he had driven off saying, "You know where to find me,"!

carver 09:17 26 Apr 2010

What it means is that he couldn't give a monkeys about the law, as for saying he didn't want to wake the kids, is it better to die while you are sleeping.

jack 10:31 26 Apr 2010

Point taken re cost of running in house colour printers.
But only valid if the stationery has a useful life time.
'Saving money' by bulk buying only to have it pulped at the next cabinet reshuffle/change of address or phone number- would dilute that effect somewhat.

morddwyd 20:41 26 Apr 2010

"In this world, supporting a law 100% would mean obeying it."

What rot. Tens of millions live in this world, and do not obey the law, including members of this forum. When caught they simply face the consequences.

"What it means is that he couldn't give a monkeys about the law, as for saying he didn't want to wake the kids, is it better to die while you are sleeping."

What's that got to do with being in a different world, or not?

Try travelling at the speed limit and see how many couldn't give a monkey's about the law.

interzone55 21:00 26 Apr 2010

One place I worked we used to have pre-printed stock-take log sheets. Each sheet lasted 7 weeks and we had to order them by the ream - yes that would be 3500 weeks of stock take sheets...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone