Does anyone use courier services

bumpkin 19:02 24 Jun 2014
Answered

Hello all, I need to send a few large/heavy items and have only used Royal Mail in the past so no experience of alternatives. Any suggestions or advice please, I don't need the fastest delivery but bulky items get costly with RM.

john bunyan 19:06 24 Jun 2014

Most of our local shops ( One Stop type places) are agents for Hermes. They seem OK but I have only used them to send stuff back to my wife's catalogue company. I tried to use them on a one off basis but one needs an account with them.

Hermes

morddwyd 19:43 24 Jun 2014

I recently used DHL, via a local office supplies shop (Rymans)to send a tablet to Australia.

No complaints, took a week, cheaper than Royal Mail.

Goes by size, not weight.

carver 19:44 24 Jun 2014

I've used these DPD in the past and been very happy with them, had to send 2 brakes discs back under warranty they weighed in at 15kg and I think cost was about £8.

Or give these parcel monkey a try.

bumpkin 20:16 24 Jun 2014

Thanks for the input. The stuff I want to send is about 10kgs but requires large packaging. Do couriers pick it up or do I have to take it to a depot, as I say never done it before so no idea.

Nontek 21:17 24 Jun 2014

I believe most couriers Pick-up.

Nontek 21:20 24 Jun 2014
  bumpkin 21:41 24 Jun 2014

thanks Nontek, useful info and pleased that you are recovering from your recent surgery.

bumpkin 13:33 25 Jun 2014

Thanks everyone, I tried Parcel Monkey first and that was straightforward enough. City Link collect tomorrow for Friday delivery and much cheaper than I expected. Glad I asked you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?