Does anyone still use ceefax?

Quickbeam 08:41 23 Sep 2009

click here I haven't used it since I first used t'internet, my sister still uses it to buy last minute holidays. There can't be many years left in it yet one digital transmissions take over.

Quickbeam 08:43 23 Sep 2009

There aren't many years left once digital takes over ... reads better.

Quickbeam 08:52 23 Sep 2009

I've just had a quick play with it for the first time in probably 10 years. It's like having you're broadband reduced to a 28kb and waiting a minute or two for each page to load... it's crap by the standards we expects from BB!

interzone55 09:13 23 Sep 2009

I was stuck with it on Sunday night, as the hotel I was staying at only had terrestrial TV, and I wanted the City / United score. Took me some time to remember the page numbers.

I much prefer Digital text, as it's easier to find your way around, and the text is much more legible...

Chegs ®™ 10:03 23 Sep 2009

My GF uses digital text to look up the rugby scores.We havent got any terrestrial TV as we were one of the first to go digital in the UK.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:41 23 Sep 2009

What would the day be like without Bamboozle on C4 teletext?

natdoor 22:05 23 Sep 2009

I occasionally use ceefax to check on the arrival times of aircraft. Using the TV is sometimes more convenient than using the web. From my very brief expeience of digital text, I would say that it is vastly inferior to ceefax, being full of useless information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017