Doctor Who Indie Track - Blue Box -The Red List

DazJWood 19:54 05 Apr 2008

All,

To coincide with the start of the new series of Doctor Who and to reflect the previous series, the band I play in (The Red List ) have written and recorded an indie track based on the Doctor.

The lyrics and premise of the track is based around his loneliness; both from the perspective of being the last timelord and also from losing someone he cared about (ie. Rose).

There's also a Kylie link in there too.

I would appreciate all your comments / feedback, whether good, bad or indifferent.

So if you are interested then click the link below:

click here

Enjoy, hopefully... Blue Box by The Red List

Thanks,

Daz

laurie53 20:46 05 Apr 2008

Not sure about this one.

FE informed.

jellyhead 22:02 05 Apr 2008

Yeh, I liked it, I'm also a Dr Who fan so maybe that had some influence. I would also listen to it again. Some may disagree, but it reminded me of Wishbone Ash in places, please dont be offened by that though.
Well done

gudgulf 22:35 05 Apr 2008

Yep...Liked Blue Box a lot.

I also listened to the other four songs on your link.

Like jellyhead I'm hearing influences that go a lot further back in time than those you quote.

That's no bad thing by the way....Let's put it this way,if you had an album of songs like those on your MySpace site available on CD....

....I'd definitely buy it!

Quickbeam 10:13 06 Apr 2008

Yeah, quite like it, it's reminiscent of the late '60s prog rock era, I agree with 'jellyhead'... in that era my head was jelly too:)

dagbladet 10:37 06 Apr 2008

I like it.

DazJWood 21:23 06 Apr 2008

Hey thanks for all your comments and feedback. It's gratefully received and I will pass it back to the the rest of the band.

It's good to have some unbiased opinion. Please feel free to post any comments on our myspace page if you have an account and it would be great to see any of you if we are gigging in your area.

Thanks again,

Daz

peg 21:50 06 Apr 2008

nice one the red list.lead singer remids me of tears for fears.

laurie53 spoil sport :-(

DazJWood 08:42 07 Apr 2008

Really enjoyed the first episode on Saturday and was great to see an appearance by Rose at the end. Looks like it will be a great series!

laurie53 09:23 07 Apr 2008

Sorry everybody, especially Daz.

My mistake.

DazJWood 21:50 08 Apr 2008

Lol you don't have to apologise. You're entitled to not like it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?