Do you use Lightscribe CD labelling

sunnypete 15:35 24 Jul 2014
Answered

I'm not seeking the technical details, but just wondered whether folks make much use of this labelling process. It does seem to me a lot of trouble and expense just to produce a rather faint monochrome label. Perhaps someone can suggest how I could improve the results I am getting?

BRYNIT 15:48 24 Jul 2014

I used lightscribe a couple of times then gave up as it was too much trouble. I could never get the image dark enough to clearly read or see it.

sunnypete 15:53 24 Jul 2014

BRYNIT my thoughts too...

carver 18:26 24 Jul 2014

Well that's 3 of us who have the same opinion about that bit of technology.

Tried to use it, gave up and went back to marker pen, easier to read and quicker.

mbc 19:13 24 Jul 2014

Ditto-but still have loads of CDs.

Menzie 19:27 24 Jul 2014

Never actually tried Light scribe, just seemed like a waste of time to me so I stick to a marker pen.

Anyone tried a printer that prints direct to CD/DVD? I've always worried that such a thing would surely scratch the disc on the way through.

carver 19:32 24 Jul 2014

Menzie that's another product I tried many moons ago with little success and you don't put them through the printer you have a separate holder for them.

But it's another one of those things that look good but too much effort for so little return.

bumpkin 22:05 24 Jul 2014

Got one, tried it, rubbish. Tried a few years ago when it first came out. too complicated to use and not very impressive results unless they have greatly improved things. Not for me.

bumpkin 22:11 24 Jul 2014

Better off buying a cheap labeling kit, less aggro and a better looking end result.

bumpkin 22:11 24 Jul 2014

Better off buying a cheap labeling kit, less aggro and a better looking end result.

chub_tor 22:26 24 Jul 2014

I use printable CDs and DVDs all the time in my Canon printer. Excellent results and very easy. Only use marker pens on trial discs or those I don't intend to keep for long. Never tried LightScribe even though it was available on my laptop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone