Do you tie your shoes laces the wrong way?

hssutton 12:01 06 Feb 2012

A video showing how you should tie them :) how to tie your laces

WhiteTruckMan 12:12 06 Feb 2012

Just to put my slant on it, I think the footwear itself was laced up wrongly. I think a lace should go in at a top hole, diagonally down inside the shoe to a bottom hole, out and across to the opposite hole, in, and diagonally up to the next hole, then repeated. This way, because should your shoe/boot etc need to be removed because of injury then the laces can be undone quickly & easily with a sharp knife cutting up all the horizontal sections on view.

WTM

wiz-king 12:31 06 Feb 2012

Laces? My sandals have Velcro fastenings.

canarieslover 12:34 06 Feb 2012

I'm with WhiteTruckMan on this. Much easier to adjust the balance between the free ends as well.

Bingalau 12:53 06 Feb 2012

I can see this thread outdoing the one about tinned tomatoes.

Aitchbee 13:04 06 Feb 2012

I have extra long laces on my boots, so that I can add an extra one or two knots after the 'WTM method' of lacing-up and the standard 'butterfly' knot construction...with twist!

the hick 13:12 06 Feb 2012

Surely, this is just the dufference between a 'reef-knot bow' and a 'granny-knot bow'. I shall look into this later, wearing my indoor slip-on 'boat shoes' at present.

Miké 13:16 06 Feb 2012

I'm with WhiteTruckMan I thread my laces in the way he describes, just looks wrong otherwise.

BTW I love tinned tomatoes with a good fryup! :-)

Quickbeam 13:39 06 Feb 2012
  Quickbeam 13:40 06 Feb 2012

...also works with TTS.

interzone55 13:54 06 Feb 2012

I wish boots came with long enough laces - very often I have to leave the top holes unlaced with Converse Hi-Top trainers as the laces just aren't long enough.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017