Do you support a football team & why?

The Brigadier 18:41 03 Jan 2007

Shrewsbury Town for me as i was at school in Shrewsbury. They used to be good in the old 2nd division and one year even finished 4th or 5th when only the top 3 went up to the old 1st Division.

Oh and of course our ground being called Gay Meadow always got the laughs! But off to the New Meadow for next season:)

rodriguez 19:07 03 Jan 2007

I don't really support one but all my mates are Wolves fans. We always end up singing the Wolves songs at parties such as New Year (the lyrics of them would be against forum rules). We had a complaint once from a neighbour (who's a West Brom fan) so we had to lower the volume a little bit. :-P

postie24 19:10 03 Jan 2007

West Ham,because they are quite local to me.
Up the hammers.

Postie24

season8 19:18 03 Jan 2007

I support the best Football League team in Shropshire!

rezeeg 19:21 03 Jan 2007

West Ham because I was born there, and Portsmouth because that's where I grew up and started going to Fratton Park with my Dad when I was about 6.

It was good when Pompey had a couple of Senegalese players because it helped me to start a fan club where I live in Senegal.

Forum Editor 19:23 03 Jan 2007

because my son has been a fanatic supporter since he was able to say the word 'football', and I wanted to share some common ground with him - he thinks computers are just something you use as tools at work, and nothing to get remotely excited about.

We watch football together, and I delight in his enthusiasm. Over the years I've learnt enough to hold a reasonably informed conversation about football, and I love watching Arsenal in full flow, especially in the new stadium.

Jak_1 19:56 03 Jan 2007

Manchester City. I was never influenced into following them nor was it a concious decision, I just seemed to have a natual affinity to the sky blue half of Manchester. One thing is for sure, with City, you never know what you are going to get, the most enigmatic team in Britain, they are the enigma of football. As a season ticket holder I go to all home games and get to as many away games as I can.
I am also part of the official MCFC website forum, we usually have meetings with MCFC offials twice a year at the CoMS. Over the past 2 years we have helped re-vamp the site and our comments have always been listend to and ideas taken up.
The other thing I like about City are the fact that they do consult with the supporters on many things and the Chairman and the board members regularly meet with the fans at fans forums and discuss issues. The club also does a lot for the community helping out under privilleged kids.

CTID (City Till I Die)

smy13 20:07 03 Jan 2007

Coventry City

Cos I'm a sad masochist

Mr Mistoffelees 20:08 03 Jan 2007

Why?

Is it in danger of collapse?

Does it need shoring up?

Does it require a surgical support?

hzhzhzhz 20:11 03 Jan 2007

The Brigadier

A friend of mine is a big Shrewsbury fan. I think he's even been known to walk from Montgomery to Shrewsbury to see a match.

spikeychris 20:15 03 Jan 2007

Blackburn Rovers and Accrington Stanley. Love football and very much dislike footballers. I meet footballers with work and most are just children caught up in an athletes body. The people to blame are the managers; they treat their players like gods who can do no wrong.

Jak_1, it was refreshing to see your manager have a go at his player for diving rather than having a pop at the referee.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?