Do you like music ? Chapter 2 part 27

Belatucadrus 11:35 01 Jun 2017
Answered

After two weeks of music from the land of the rising sun, I decided to go search elsewhere and ended up in the land of Tunnock’s teacakes and clouds of man eating midges, as Donald Trump would say Scotchland !

I present for you the late great Alex Harvey and his band with their subtle take on a ditty by Jaques Brel originally titled “Au Suivent”. I can safely say it takes the already somewhat varied music thread into new territory.

Next Click Here

I may be pushing my luck with this one, will the silver mouse pounce ?

wee eddie 12:31 01 Jun 2017
Answer

Alex Harvey, surrounded himself with some of the most talented musicians that the UK had to offer. Many of them were making fortunes playing in other bands and then played with him for peanuts or even nothing.

Jaques Brel was one of France's finest Beat Poets. Think, black roll necked sweater and steamy Parisian Night Clubs, that's where I saw him anyway, jamming with the Club's Jazz/Rock Band. Up there with Bob Dylan at least. I reckon that he sounded better when you couldn't understand what he was saying.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:36 01 Jun 2017

Alex was never for the faint hearted :0)

Aitchbee 13:29 01 Jun 2017

A controversial brave perforformance by Harvey in 1974 and is definitely up there with the best ever on Whistle Test.

Aitchbee 13:30 01 Jun 2017

Pardon the glitch.

Belatucadrus 16:22 08 Jun 2017

Never got to see SAHB but caught Zal Cleminson in Nazareth and Ted McKenna and Chris Glen in MSG as you say all class musicians.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

How to find a font: Discover the name of a typeface with these apps

The best iPhone for 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)