Do you keep fit?

The Brigadier 09:31 29 Jul 2007

OK after my recent health scare i'm now back in the gym daily.
And at £38 a month it's cheap & it motivates me.
But, how to others get/keep fit?

Forum Editor 09:44 29 Jul 2007

mainly on the Norfolk beaches, and around Chichester harbour. Other than that, I use a rowing machine at home.

I could be fitter I suppose, but time is always short.

Si_L 09:57 29 Jul 2007

Lots of football, tennis, badminton, and jogging. I got lots of exercise kayaking through the Tewkesbury floods too :)

SANTOS7 10:06 29 Jul 2007

jogging to and from the pub....

I spend my spare time practicing Master cheng style Tai Chi and jogging....

MichelleC 10:15 29 Jul 2007

I've gone the gym route in the past, so has hubby and offspring. But usually after a while the routines become boring and attendance peters out.

Now its walking, cycling and swimming.

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:17 29 Jul 2007

5 mile run, 3 times a week..it will probably kill me in the end but I'll die healthy.

G

Bingalau 10:28 29 Jul 2007

Gym about three times a week, followed by a relaxing swim. But for something to enjoy and keep fit at the same time, there is only one method. Line Dancing. You can have a laugh at yourself and it keeps the mind active too. I do two hours non-stop twice a week. It really makes me sweat. Somehow though the ladies just "glow". How do they do that?

€dstowe 11:05 29 Jul 2007

The (non-NHS) prescription by a lot of cardiologists is a large dog. Far better than any medication, not only for the exercise with taking the dog for walks but to ameliorate the inevitable very complex changes in the mental outlook of a heart patient.

A dog is more expensive than a gym, granted, but it is there constantly needing your attention and giving its undivided loyalty in return.

Legolas 11:11 29 Jul 2007

I used to walk a lot on Arran and did the West Highland Way and was reasonably fit I also had a strenuous job which helped to keep me in shape, unfortunately I am out of shape now and have a desk job so I really should be doing something to get the weight down and the fitness up.

Colin 12:10 29 Jul 2007

Plenty of walking. Usually 3 to 4 miles, 3 times a week. Now that the weather seems to be improving, we will try to do more. We walk around our local area and it's really surprising the things you see that you don't normally see from the car.

wellshgit 12:29 29 Jul 2007

walking my little dog 3 times a day, about 2 miles each time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone