Do you have a pooter AND a bike

Grambo 10:36 08 Apr 2007

Are you one of these people who has a big throbbing machine on your desk and also one in your garage.

What you got?

Do you like the racing or just commute/

My baby is a ZX9 and have always watched GP, WSB and BSB (should be good this weekend)

Oh and can the anti 2 wheel brigade move on :-)

Mr Mistoffelees 10:41 08 Apr 2007

I don't have a bike.

Equally sadly, I think if I did get one I would ride like the clappers and have a short life expectancy!

dwaynedibbly 12:44 08 Apr 2007

Always wanted a bike, and probably would have got one a few year back.
However I now spend a lot of my work time visiting scenes of fatal collisions, usually involving a motorbike or two.
Thats put me off for life.
Personally I`ve nothing against motorcycles or the sensible people who choose to ride them.
Its the idiot who has only just learnt to stand upright, and decides two weeks after passing his test to climb onto what is basically an engine with a seat on it. Thrash it down the nearest stretch of dual carriageway, and invariably lose it on the first bend he comes to.
The inevitable coming together of man, bike and tree is the outcome.
Looking at the latest bikes on the market, and their potential for speed. It must be one hell of a buzz when you know how to ride it well. Problem is the average Joe just doesn`t have the same skill as Toseland or Biaggi.

dagbladet 12:59 08 Apr 2007

Yes.

A 4-5 year old Packard Bell imedia 5167 click here
and a 17 year old Kawasaki EN 500 click here which is often described as a bit of a 'girls' bike due to the low seat height, which I didn't know 'til I bought it.

Grambo 13:11 08 Apr 2007

Yes it would be fantastic to have Toselands skill, which is without question. But he also has experience which he has picked up through the ranks from club level. These days bikers who want to obtain a full licence also have to go thru the grades starting with CBT to learn basic skills, and then further knowledge/experience to pass test. Its not like when i started out when i could jump on a 250cc machine with no training and just L plates.
In Road Casualities Great Britain 2005 (Gov) the official figures show that exceeding the speed limit was a contributory factor in just 4% of motorcycle accidents. Which begs the q what causes the rest. Well its unobservant car drivers inthe main. Of course there are a few lunatics on bikes who create bad image, but the majority are responsible, with high standard of awareness and survival instinct

whatustaring@ 13:20 08 Apr 2007

Yep i had a GSXR750 a while back & was unlucky enough for someone to jump the lights in a car so i went over his roof & woke up in hospital...nice of him eh
since then ive had toy's like a TDR 250 & apart from that ive avoided them....

Grambo 13:27 08 Apr 2007

nice touch to add pics dagbladet

click here

Blackhat 13:44 08 Apr 2007

Yes & No, like dagbladet used to have a packard bell imedia. Invested in new system last year, also wished I still had my last bike. Now a classic. click here

I let the bike go about 25 years ago, never riden since, don't miss biking but miss the bike.

Grambo 14:05 08 Apr 2007

I reemember them well. My first dream bike (and it was only a dream) was the 750. Had one of these tho

click here

Bingalau 14:26 08 Apr 2007

I used to have Diana Durkopf Motor Scooter in Singapore. It was the best means of transport I have ever had. I don't think puters were as commonplace as they are now though.

thms 14:44 08 Apr 2007

Well I have a self built throbbing computer next to me. Can't say the same for my Yamaha Majesty 125 scooter locked in the shed though.

At 50+ it's big enough for me though. Great for getting to and from work. Only sat my CBT last year and wish I had more interest when I was younger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone