Do you

stalion 19:36 01 Feb 2006

Recommend this forum to your friends.
I am always telling other people about this forum and the opportunity usually arises because they have pc problems.

csqwared 19:39 01 Feb 2006

Certainly do. Because of my interest in computers, like yourself, people tend to ask me when they have PC problems and if I can't help always direct them here.

cc

Totally-braindead 19:51 01 Feb 2006

Yes but most of them don't join up because they're afraid of being embarrased at asking silly questions, which I tell them is silly, and they find it easier to ask me because I'm mug enough to always help them out. Some claim they don't have the time to learn and other admit they have no interest. The latter two points I can see.
Regarding the silly posting thing I did what I thought was a cracker. Basically the numeric pad wouldn't work, I spent ages reinstalling keyboard drivers and trying other keyboards but couldn't find what was wrong. I'm sure many of you have guessed, it never occured to me to put the numeric lock key on. Doh! Boy did I feel stupid.

MidgetMan 20:30 01 Feb 2006

No way, its a closely guarded secret, shared by only 183664 people.

watchful 20:30 01 Feb 2006

I recommended a friend, who has only recently acquired a computer, this very afternoon and put the url in his Favourites list.

Starfox 20:39 01 Feb 2006

Most certainly do,not sure how many have signed up yet but I know that 4 have for certain.

Skills 20:44 01 Feb 2006

I do quite often although im not sure if any have.

anskyber 20:44 01 Feb 2006

Yep and frequently send them links to view certain threads. I have tried a few Forums but this one impresses me with the quality of the advice and the personable nature of (most of) its inmates.
got to say that I like the no nonsense approch without unneeded wee mees and the like, getting old I suppose.

VoG II 20:46 01 Feb 2006

I'm often to be seen in the High Street with my PCA sandwich board.

stalion 20:56 01 Feb 2006

good evening and yes iv'e seen you, on the other side it says the world will end tommorow lol

De Marcus™ 20:57 01 Feb 2006

I was wondering who that was! :0)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?