DIY Holiday booking

Pamy 13:52 24 Apr 2007

Hello everyone, I have been looking on the Expedia site for a cheep but good value for money holiday. What other sites would you recommend I look at?

johndrew 14:05 24 Apr 2007

Depends where you want to go, but you could:

click here

click here

click here

click here

to identify but four.

Pamy 14:08 24 Apr 2007

Thanks johndrew they will keep me busy for awhile

MichelleC 15:15 24 Apr 2007

The only advice I can give is that make sure the hotel is good because if anything goes wrong with a non-package holiday you have no come-back with who you booked it through.

Woolwell 15:20 24 Apr 2007

You could try
click here

Woolwell 16:39 24 Apr 2007

I have found this site to be quite good for hotel reviews click here

Kate B 17:26 24 Apr 2007

Absolutely right, MichelleC. Brochures - either online or in print - are advertising, not information brochures. Do your own research as well. It always astonishes me, for example, how many people blithely go off to the Caribbean in August and are then appalled to be hit by a hurricane. Er, yeah, it's hurricane season, which even the quickest bit of rudimentary searching will tell you.

Pamy 18:00 24 Apr 2007

Well thanks again to you all for the links and the very good advice.

rowdy 19:59 24 Apr 2007

If you are going to download Hotel brochures from abroad. Make sure your antivirus is updated I have a couple of friends who have had nasties with the brochure. One from south africa required a reformat and reinstallation to get rid of it.

rowdy

Forum Editor 21:22 24 Apr 2007

Nail on head, Kate.

georgemac © 09:26 25 Apr 2007

We holiday predominately in Florida and always book DIY - you can get an amazing villa for very low prices compared to elsewhere in the world, and having become so used to the space and our own pool we feel cramped now in hotel rooms.

Tripadvisor is very good but the range of views can be amazing, and only look at the most recent as standards can change quickly. Speaking to someone who has already been is the best way to get accurate info.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?