digital tv ?

surfmonkey #:@}© 14:01 06 Jan 2007

having a rant
right here goes at the moment i only recieve anologe tv, I wouldent mind getting digital so I went onto click here only to find out that my area does not recieve the digital signal. ah so I though try the satallite route, phoned sky was told by sky yes you can get it through sky, brill i thought enginer came around took one look at my house hmmm he said got out his ladder and little box up on the roof he went came down "no not a chance he said no signal" walked around the garden no signal oh blast i thought mind you if you put a 15 foot pole on your chimney you could get it maybe no thank you i replied. its amazing if i look out my front window i can see 3 satallite dishes the nearest one is about 30 meters from where i sit maybe i should move house to the other side of the road very frustraiting just have to wait till 2009 thats when i think my area gets digital hope the bbc/itv add some interesting programs in the future.

interzone55 14:52 06 Jan 2007

Same at my mother-in-laws, they can't get a decent freeview signal and they can't get a satelite signal due to the neighbour's leylandii. There is no way they will get cable in their area as they live along a farm track.

So basically they're stuffed come 2010 when the analogue signal is switch off in our area.

rodriguez 15:47 06 Jan 2007

The main problem with Freeview is the signal is too weak. In a couple of years when the analogue switchoff is nigh, they're going to strenghten the Freeview signal so that most people who can't get a signal now can get one just before the analogue dies. That's their plan anyway, time will tell if it works or not...

DrScott 15:52 06 Jan 2007

do telewest or ntl provide a cable service to your neck of the woods?

surfmonkey #:@}© 16:54 06 Jan 2007

no sorry no cable nither where i live its like bieng lost in time (victoian)

woodchip 17:09 06 Jan 2007

You are not missing much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?