The Difference in Parcel Tracking.

gengiscant 16:45 07 Dec 2010

Ignoring the weather conditions for the moment, I have been online and tracking the location of various parcels I have winging their way to my abode. I have discovered that Parcelforce has the most basic of information, you will know at which main hub it was last at but little more. Whereas the likes of DHL/UPS I can find out what particular airport it is at right up to the time it was loaded onto a van and the estimated time the parcel will actually reach me.

I have just phoned Parcelforce to see if I could perhaps pick up the package myself, even armed with the tracking number they could only tell me that it is in Edinburgh but not at what particular depot.

It was posted for next-day delivery, but of course with the atrocious weather we have just experienced this week I was not expecting it, but In did think that at least they really should be able to say where it is.

UPS and DHL were able to say that obviously snow has delayed delivery and have no problem with that, but I feel that the lack of up to date info from Parcelforce hardly instills confidence in their system.

I was talking to my postman earlier and he was saying that during this bad weather that he and his colleagues had very little leadership from management, who did not seem to have any contingency plans to cope with the present situation. He also told me it took a while for management to agree to the suggestion that delivery postmen only deliver mail to half their round one day,then the other half the next, which seems perfectly reasonable. Its hard enough walking in the snow without a bag of mail.

Anyway I must await the delivery from Parcelforce as I cannot pick it up myself. Roads are still naff up here so maybe a while.

spuds 16:59 07 Dec 2010

I generally find Royal Mail poor on the tracking side, they never seem to update!.

Others are not to bad,depending on who they are, but I have the occasion when I have been trying to track, and the delivery driver is virtually knocking the door.

Around our way, there seems plenty of deliveries taking place, but I suppose that is due to very clear roads and having a good road and air transport system locally as well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?