Didn't think footballers could read

Bingalau 11:16 04 Apr 2009

anything other than the pictures in the Sun newspaper...

click here

I thought Colleen Rooney looked fab at the Ladies' Day meeting at Aintree yesterday, then she opened her mouth... Worse Scouse accent I've heard in a long time.

Forum Editor 11:20 04 Apr 2009

Accents aren't everything. I know someone who has met Colleen a few times, and he says she's great - interesting, friendly, and a pleasure to talk to.

dagbladet 12:01 04 Apr 2009

My dad was a professional footballer for most of his working life. He's in his mid 70s now and he reads just fine thanks. Oh and he has a strong Scottish accent...and he's not rich.

Stuartli 13:39 04 Apr 2009

Although most of my family hail from the Liverpool area, I must confess that I love the Brummie and Georgie accents.

Scousers are generally great to mix with socially and have a wonderful sense of humour, but sometimes the accent can prove a bit too strident, especially if it involves two or more women talking at once...:-)

Bingalau will know what I mean...

Bingalau 15:01 04 Apr 2009

Stuartli. It's worse if you are situated between the two women, (Devil and Deep Blue Sea). But what is a "Georgie Girl" accent like? I like all accents really but some are made to sound worse by choice I think.

tullie 15:19 04 Apr 2009

Scousers are fine as long as they are not a football supporter

Stuartli 18:08 04 Apr 2009

My error - it should be Geordie...:-)

You might be thinking of the film starring Lynn Redgrave with James Mason and Alan Bates from the mid-Sixties or Gregory's Girl, the film about girl footballer Dee Hepburn and John Gordon Sinclair.

Bingalau 18:57 04 Apr 2009

Stuartli. No I was thinking of the words in a song, "Hey there, Georgie girl"... can't remember any more of it but no doubt someone will be googling all the Lyrics' sites within minutes. Saves me doing it...

rdave13 19:01 04 Apr 2009
  Bingalau 19:17 04 Apr 2009

The lad playing Double Bass in that looks a bit like Freddie from the Dreamers, must be the glasses. Should have gone to you know who?

Bingalau 19:18 04 Apr 2009

I don't want to know what Freddie played by the way. So no need to go back to You Tube or anything.... Thank you...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?