Did anyone here get stuck?

Dizzy Bob 22:09 18 Sep 2009

click here

Anyone watch the Derren Brown show tonight?

If so, did you get stuck?

DB

Chegs ®™ 01:31 19 Sep 2009

Yes I watched the show.

No,I didnt get stuck even for a moment nor did anyone I know.

Mr Mistoffelees 08:09 19 Sep 2009

I sat on a tube of glue...

jack 08:24 19 Sep 2009

On REBUS

skeletal 18:46 20 Sep 2009

Of more interest to me is how many people clearly saw the so-called subliminal pictures of a man tied to a chair. Am I the only person with fast enough eyesight to see this (I don’t believe this for a minute, but like to know what others saw)?

I guess the idea is that by showing such a picture, people then had the idea they were tied (or stuck) to the chair.

What I don’t understand is that, if it was a normal film where someone got tied up, the audience would not “get stuck”; so why would they if the film just showed this picture for a short time.

Skeletal

Chegs ®™ 19:59 20 Sep 2009

I saw the subliminal pictures,but the differences in length of time they were shown meant I only recognised a few as someone tied to a chair(or the pictures might've been shown for the same length of time but my attention was drawn elsewhere such as talking to my GF)I did make an unconcious decision ofter the "lottery prediction" last week that his show isnt all that entertaining so I'm usually doing something else at the same time as watch his show.

wmoore 20:08 20 Sep 2009

That on the ad break before he got people stuck, The first ad was for the Apple I-Phone showing the different apps, the last one being scrabble and the word on the scrabble board was 'Stuck'
Also the next ad was for specsavers and had postman pats cat stuck to the windscreen of his van.
Interesting.
BTW I didn't get stuck.

skeletal 22:21 20 Sep 2009

I tend not to watch adverts, so missed those messages

It is quite clever think; the trouble is, you can never be sure whether the whole thing has been set up (i.e. that the so called audience are just actors).

To counter that idea, I did once go to a live show where people in the audience around me, started to get hypnotised. The most susceptible were then taken on stage where they were “put under”.

But perhaps they were mates of the hypnotist.

I don’t know, but all these things don’t seem to have any effect on me at all.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?