DFS SALE.

do-gull 14:46 29 Jan 2010

Is it just me or do DFS have a continued sale.

Because they seem to advertise that the dfs sale ENDS SATURDAY only to start a new sale on the very next day.

Are we that gullable ?

DG.

dagbladet 14:52 29 Jan 2010

NO. It's always been that way.

Quickbeam 15:00 29 Jan 2010

They certainly think we are.

Awshum 15:10 29 Jan 2010

I worked for a DIY company who always did it with their laminate flooring. Virtually always offered at half price, it was only ever full price for one week every so many months.

lotvic 15:13 29 Jan 2010

That was probably the week when most of the staff were off on holiday

PP321 15:27 29 Jan 2010

Somebody told me that the Mayan calendar predicts the world will end in 2012.

What a coincidence, so does the DFS sale.

Posted 26th Dec..
Great news guys!

After its annual day-off, the DFS sale starts again tomorrow.

Scientists have confirmed that only three things would survive a nuclear war:

1) Cockroaches
2) Scorpions
3) The DFS Sale

Had the Large Hadron Collider experiment failed, the DFS sale would have actually ended

Has anyone ever actually been in DFS when they HAVEN'T got a sale on ?

Worse still, did they buy a sofa ?

Ulysse 16:09 29 Jan 2010

Forum Editor 16:26 29 Jan 2010

DFS has been doing it for years, and the business has performed reasonably well. Profits were running at around £45 million a year until 2007, when pre-tax profits fell to £35 million.

This is a business that is totally owned by one man (Lord Kirkham), the same man who started the company in the mid 1990's. At one time it was a listed company, but Kirkham privatised it in 2004, paying shareholders £507 million for the business.

Recently there have been rumours that the business will shortly be listed again.

Quickbeam 16:29 29 Jan 2010

Isn't there a rule brought in sometime in the '70s that says items have to be on sale at full price for a period of time before you can claim it to be a sale price?

Forum Editor 18:02 29 Jan 2010

If a shop advertises goods as being reduced in a sale, it should have had the items on offer at the advertised original price for at least 28 days before the price was reduced.

It's illegal to say something is "reduced by 15%" if it's the first time that a shop has sold that particular item.

do-gull 18:23 29 Jan 2010

I remember reading once that DFS have stated that they only have TWO sales a year, All the others are not sales they are EVENTS.

D.G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

5 best 3D model websites

iPhone 8 vs iPhone X

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache