Destiny's Child

spuds 12:20 23 Mar 2007

From cradle to grave, do you think your destiny is already ruled and planned out for you?.

In my case, I think life as provided most things. Yes there as been ups and downs, sorrows and enjoyments, but on the whole things have turned out fairly good.

Was this fore planned, who did I grasp the opportunities in life that were available. This is a question that may have perhaps been asked by many of us, at some time or another!.

Jak_1 12:51 23 Mar 2007

Nope!

anchor 12:56 23 Mar 2007

NO!

wee eddie 13:08 23 Mar 2007

Unlikely to my mind.

I can't see the point. Why should some being go to the trouble of planning the day-to-day existence of an individual member of a minor species?

Now, that this planet is the cosmic equivalent of the Jimmy Tarbuck Show is quite possible.

spuds 13:10 23 Mar 2007

Nope!-NO

Doe's this mean that your destiny is at a flip of a coin. Heads you win, Tails you lose!

Jak_1 13:28 23 Mar 2007

Spuds you asked the question 'From cradle to grave, do you think your destiny is already ruled and planned out for you?.'

Nope was my answer, I do not think it is already ruled and planned out. You did not ask for us to qualify our answers.

Quite simply though, we all have choices. If it was pre-ordained then all one would have to do is simply sit back and let things happen!

anchor 13:39 23 Mar 2007

I agree with Jak_1. If it was pre-ordained then all one would have to do is simply sit back and let things happen!

I think we all, to a large part, make our own destiny. The routes we follow through life are personal decisions, for better or worse.

MichelleC 14:26 23 Mar 2007

<p><b>There is a theory that we</b></p>
choose our parents before we're born and the sort of life we're going to lead, which includes seeing our life's choices ahead.
I can't recall which religion it is.

I don't really discount it just as I don't ridicule it. But it's a fascinating subject.

I think we need to believe in something whatever it is and if it's doing it's purpose properly it should give us some kind of solace and not cause any harm to anyone.

I do believe some of what happens to us is predestined or predetermined but this could be argued that it's how we're nutured and brought up that will lead us in a certain direction.

If life is predetermined then I think we're able to shunt in different directions from that path due to learning and developing.

If you've experienced deja vu you'll think, as I still do, that you've been 'there' before and you know what's going to happen next. But scientists explain it's a phenominum of the brain stopping for a split-second and then catching up with itself. But I'm not convinced.

MichelleC 14:27 23 Mar 2007

I should have left out the 'p's'.

Kate B 14:33 23 Mar 2007

Of course life isn't predetermined.

Watchful 15:23 23 Mar 2007

we make our own destiny. 'Two roads diverged in a wood and I, I took the one less travelled by.' R.Frost.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?