Delia's cheating at cooking book...

Quickbeam 10:02 22 Feb 2008

I bought this yesterday as I can't do with a lot of the complete supermarket ready meals or takeaways. I must say I find it quite good with loads of great ideas.

I've always used ready sauces in jars and the like, and added extra bits to sharpen the flavour up, but she has really taken the bull by the horns and come up with some bloody tasty looking meals with convenience bases in this book.

For all the faffing and waffling the TV chefs give us, she's hit the nail right on the head with this one... we want good food without 8 hours prep to make it!

€dstowe 10:28 22 Feb 2008

Are you part of Delia's publicity machine?

(Just a jest, I know you're not)

Quickbeam 13:37 22 Feb 2008

Payments in a plain envelope please :)

Coffee Adict 14:04 22 Feb 2008

I'm a Delia fan as well, have a lot of her books, have had a quick look through above book and it looks interesting. One thing you can guarantee with Delia her recipes work, she's cooked them and she's tasted them.
One book I can recommend although I think its out of print now is 'Delia Smiths's One is Fun' as the title implies its recipes for one or two people and there are some cracking quick recipes in there.

anchor 15:41 22 Feb 2008

Some of the reader reviews on the Amazon site are not quite as favourable:

click here

Coffee Adict 16:08 22 Feb 2008

I take it some are not Norwich City fans then ;0)

Quickbeam 16:26 22 Feb 2008

This afternoon I've done the Spanish pork with chorizo & potatoes, Mmmmmm Mmmmmm. can't wait until six o'clock... Yummy!

Cymro. 16:32 22 Feb 2008

Life should when possible always be made easier not more difficult. By the sound of it Delias new book does just that and so has my vote any time. Not that I am very likely to buy such a book.

Jak_1 17:23 22 Feb 2008

Let's be 'avin yer then! To quote a well known phrase or saying from that place in the middle of nowhere, Norwich :) MCFC

Stuartli 17:48 22 Feb 2008

The Mail on Sunday's TV magazine has been serialising the book.

Good on Delia, I say. Bit of common sense from someone who has normally abided strictly by the (cooking) rules.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017