Deepest Revulsion

wee eddie 08:55 25 Oct 2010

It is with the deepest revulsion that I now realise that, in Iraq, we have replaced a vicious, venal, Dictator with a Regime that is of exactly the same nature.

How could our Leaders have been so gullible (stupid) as to allow this to happen?

How can we extricate ourselves from this situation with any honour?

And, last of all, how can we ever again trust the Leaders of Our, and the American, Armed Forces who have colluded in hiding, from us, the knowledge of what has been happening?

Edward Baines.

wee eddie 08:59 25 Oct 2010

It would appear that in Afghanistan, the same is happening and that the Leaders of our Armed Forces have, once again, colluded in the hiding of these details.

jack 09:11 25 Oct 2010

A well positioned Iraqi said replace Saddam and the vacuum will be filled with someone as bad or worse.
It is tribal warfare in these regions pure and simple- [ Shia v Sunni]interfere at your peril.

A lesson that imperial nations- UK/US/ France/Germany/Portugal/Dutch/USSR fail to learn repeatedly
A little reading of history will reveal the stupidity of these actions over the centuries.
In essence the favourite 'Saturday night' idea of fun of these people is to go throat slitting of the other tribe and the stealing of their camels and raping of their women, when outsiders come in they simply gang up to have fun there.
Its been the same for thousands of years.

interzone55 10:02 25 Oct 2010

It's the same, but on a different scale, in inner cities.

When the police apprehend a gang leader it's only a matter of time before someone takes their place, and often the new leader is even worse than the last.

Unfortunately I don't think there is any way out of either mess...

Snec 11:17 25 Oct 2010

In both cases I blame the parents.

lotvic 13:32 25 Oct 2010

And so history repeats itself, endlessly :(

sunnystaines 14:56 25 Oct 2010

strange how some nations in ME can progress yet other stay med evil and cannot cope with modern ways of civilisation.

Forum Editor 17:56 25 Oct 2010

to include some details, or at least a link to the story.

Someone looking at this thread in the future may not have a clue what you're talking about.

wee eddie 18:24 25 Oct 2010

The West's Military seems to be little more honest in their outlook, than that of those in the Third World.

We, the UK and the USA, no longer have the moral high-ground. The likes of General Pinochet and President Museveni are proving to have been more forthcoming about their failings than our lot.

In fact, they have gone along with the Fiction that the Iraqis were sufficiently well integrated to govern fairly in most of the Provinces of that Country. That has now been exposed to be, not only bunkum but also fallacious.

There ~ I have not used the word for a "Terminological Inexactitude" but that is what they have been doing.

Forum Editor 19:10 25 Oct 2010

what it is you're talking about.

I assume it's the Wikileaks 'war logs' story, so for the benefit of others here's a link to some information:-

click here

wee eddie 19:26 25 Oct 2010

That and the 'bags full of cash' story that is currently emerging.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017