Death to the UK,Israel & America they chanted

jakimo 11:17 19 Jun 2009

with the British Government being the most treacherous so say Khomeini Ayatollah, as he addressed the Iran people and the world in his speech about the disputed election results.This was clearly a threating speech to an audience of fanatics against the west.
It was very much like the Hitler rallies of the 1930s

Kevscar1 13:18 19 Jun 2009

He's obviously been reading about MP's expenses.

user8 13:31 19 Jun 2009

See what happens with Gordon in-charge!

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:11 19 Jun 2009

'with the British Government being the most treacherous'..well they did use underhand methods to enter Iraq. You need to read up on the social and political history of the countries in that area and you might understand why the various peoples are less than enamoured with the West. We are not totally blameless.

G

interzone55 14:11 19 Jun 2009

If we ignore them all maybe they'll go away.

And that includes racist idiots of all shades...

jakimo 14:37 19 Jun 2009

Its David Milliband that they have taken a dislike too,it was his effigy they were burning

Cymro. 14:48 19 Jun 2009

I agree completely with GANDALF on this one.
Our history as a nation is riddled with such unjust wars. We should hang our heads in shame at what atrocities have been carried out in our name and not all that long ago in the past either. If I was an Iranian I might well agree with this chap however much of a dictator he is.

Armchair 16:46 19 Jun 2009

I stood and watched an Iranian anti-leadership gathering in Newcastle city centre today. Probably about 150 or so there, and they were chanting and waving placards around. I took a leaflet. Not sure what they expect me to do about it!

Cymro. 17:26 19 Jun 2009

I don`t suppose they actually expected you to do anything specific about it. I hope you read their leaflet!

Armchair 17:34 19 Jun 2009

I did read it. The usual guff. Even if they do get rid of the guy in power now, they'll probably just put someone even worse in place. That's what happens here, anyway.

PS There must be a Hell of a lot of Iranians in the UK.

Forum Editor 18:14 19 Jun 2009

that in some cultures ranting away against foreign powers is part of the show - it's almost entirely rhetoric, and the people love it.

The great thing is not to take it too seriously, unless and until someone starts telling the fanatics that they'll be rewarded in paradise if they go out and kill infidels. That's the time to start getting concerned.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?