Deal Or No Deal?

Ex plorer 14:23 28 Dec 2007

Hi all is it me or was there some good Christmas programs on TV after Christmas.
The build up to Christmas the week before on TV was quite good then on Christmas day to me was poor.
Even on deal or no Deal on Christmas day the Christmas special was to be watched with no dressing up and a solitary tree in the back ground.
I don't watch the soaps maybe I should if they have a great Christmas spirit.
I know its for children and maybe things have changed in the past 60 years.

ulrich 18:21 28 Dec 2007

Nothing of any entertainment value on any channel, that wasn't a repeat. Luckily I had a good book to read, and I was able to spend a couple of hours entertainment on my motorcycle.
Sorry Sky but I will be leaving you in the New Year as it is a waste of money.

Quickbeam 18:28 28 Dec 2007

The days of having three main channels that would have a greater budget for quality Christmas programming are long gone.

The only TV I watched over Christmas was on Boxing Day after returning from a moorland walk with my nephew. We were both knackared, he had a shandy, I had a Malt (a bloody big one!), he turned the telly on... it was Dinosaur day on one of the history channels, we ended up watching about 3 hours of it, but it wasn't anything new.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:48 28 Dec 2007

All depends on what you want to watch.

But christmas specials of soaps and sitcoms don't do it for me.

Bring back Disney Time!!!

paul€ 19:20 28 Dec 2007

Dr.Who, on Christmas day, was by far the best thing on over Christmas.

Great stuff and Kylie in a pair of knee high boots, Grrrrrrrrrr..............

Colin 19:54 28 Dec 2007

Extras was excellent. Intelligent comedy for a change. I can’t think of anything else that I enjoyed. Doctor Who was a big disappointment for me.

Forum Editor 19:58 28 Dec 2007

on any channel"

The BBC adaptation of Oliver Twist was superb.

paul€ 20:07 28 Dec 2007

The BBC adaptation of Oliver Twist was superb.

It was probably the best program of the year but it finished 3 days before the Christmas Day.

ulrich 09:00 29 Dec 2007

Yes FE I did watch and enjoy O Twist, but like paul says it was on before Christmas. Sorry paul no Euro.

Sapins 09:31 29 Dec 2007

"Luckily I had a good book to read, and I was able to spend a couple of hours entertainment on my motorcycle."

Doesn't the wind play havoc with page turning;-)

jakimo 12:21 29 Dec 2007

Set DVD recorder for 6 Xmas programs over 4 days,then packed a bag for sunny Surrey,...on return had a look at what I recorded...zilch,nothing but a blank disk,but reading the post here,I didn't miss much

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?