The day after tomorrow

seedie 19:23 19 Dec 2006

is of course the shortest day. I find this lifts my spirits a lot because things can only get better; I look forward to Spring, doing at bit of gardening, longer days but not salads. I realise the ramifications are horrendous but wouldn't be nice if new year's day was on the 21st December.It's natural.

CD

anskyber 19:30 19 Dec 2006

It's the 22nd. this year. click here

Watchful 19:35 19 Dec 2006

I also can't wait for the shortest day to come and go because it is the start of lighter, longer days and a promise of Spring around the corner.

anskyber 19:35 19 Dec 2006

But on a more respectful note, I agree. As a Cornishman living in the north of England I am constantly aware of the differences in daylight.

During the winter there is up to 1 hour less daylight here in Cumbria ( a lot when days are short) when compared with Cornwall. (Penzance) On the other hand the long Summer twilight evenings which give for a few days at least some light in the sky for 24 hours is real recompense.

In spite of the statistics I am still convinced the dark days of early January are still darker than December!

seedie 19:39 19 Dec 2006

LAT AND lONG. CO-ORDS it's 21st click here

CD

Watchful 19:40 19 Dec 2006

That's probably due to the weather and low cloud as some days here in the north of England, today for instance, it began to darken at 3pm.

anskyber 19:49 19 Dec 2006

Where are you? Your link did not come up with the data. Having said that my link shows it's 22mins past midnight on 22nd so it will in all probability be a different day depending on where you are.

Mr Mistoffelees 19:50 19 Dec 2006

Is the second day which never comes!

seedie 19:52 19 Dec 2006

try this and look for Form B click here

seedie 19:57 19 Dec 2006

Lat 51:13 Long 1:35 this actually a weather/ light ship off Folkestone/Dover but near enough.

anskyber 19:59 19 Dec 2006

Yes it takes me to your site but only allows me to enter my own data rather than showing yours.

Fascinating, if I click on either link then click on the other in no particular order the IE7 tab flashes to tell me its one and the same site.

So, given the date is set by a time which is so close to midnight for me it could well be the 21st for you. Not that it makes any difference at all to the main reason you started this thread hence my second post but fascinating nonetheless!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?