Damned adverts

ventanas 16:12 08 Dec 2009

I was just in the process of responding to a thread with quite a lengthy answer which took me quite a while and involved some research.
I was about to publish when one of these damn things popped up under the mouse and responded to my click. On paging back to my response everything I had typed in had gone.
This is absolutely infuriating. It's bad enough having to dodge the things all the time, and I know they are necessary, but come on PCA, this is the last straw. I now have to do it all again, this time in a foul temper.
Why did all my text have to disappear?

Seth Haniel 16:18 08 Dec 2009

as it gives my surfing habits away with noisey adverts popping up on the works pc ;(

mrwoowoo 16:55 08 Dec 2009

Don't have a problem with the Blackberry type adverts on the main page that you just click out of. But yes, these 'within text' ones can be annoying.
Sometimes if i want to copy and paste a comment it's almost immposible as the text is littered with them.
Perhaps we should all ponder what we type first.
I bet the word Blackberry produces one.
Ooops.. i did it again.(O:!

rawprawn 18:00 08 Dec 2009

Hi John, I hope you have a great Christmas. Try loading IE pro click here
use the ad blocker and also use host file click here

Forum Editor 18:33 08 Dec 2009

to post when in "a foul temper". I certainly feel more like replying to an email than I do to bad-tempered threads about something that has been discussed at great length recently.

I'm sorry you are infuriated, but there's not much I can say, apart from suggesting that you do what many people do, and type up lengthy posts in a word processor before pasting into the forum. That way you won't lose anything, whatever happens.

ventanas 22:20 08 Dec 2009

Exactly what I did the second time.
Sorry for the rant, it had been a bad day.

Hi Dennis, thanks for that, I'll have a look tomorrow.

Forum Editor 22:40 08 Dec 2009

No problem, better out than in, as they say, and I know that 'bad day' syndrome very well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?