Dabs. Is this a rip off?

1911 14:28 25 Nov 2007

I went on to Dabs to order a Finepix Camera. Price £79.00. As I live in Ireland they put me on to DabsIreland. Guess what? Same camera £118. I've bought a lot from Dabs and paid the higher delivery charges but this special website for Irelan is pushing it a bit. Extra delivery charges i understand but £39. on the price + extra delivery charges is going too far.

Curio 14:46 25 Nov 2007

Just Buy elsewhere :>)

1911 14:48 25 Nov 2007

bril Thank you

Legolas 14:57 25 Nov 2007

I agree with you, as I live in Scotland I have in the past had to pay extra postage although not from dabs, but to have an Irish site with inflated prices seems to me to be out of order.

I agree with curio although his reply was a bit curt, the only thing you can do is to go elsewhwere and let dabs know you are going elsewhwere and why.

Legolas 15:08 25 Nov 2007

What camera is it you were buying I have been on both sites and converted a few prices and they are more expensive on the Irish site. You should email dabs and ask them why this is the case.

DieSse 15:10 25 Nov 2007

Dabs Irish site says this

"Please note that dabs.ie is a Republic of Ireland only website and as such, we're able only to ship to EIRE delivery addresses. Customers in the UK should use our click here website."

Are you sure the price you see is in £s and not €s ?

And are you in NIreland or Eire?

Curio 15:10 25 Nov 2007

Not curt - but brief with a smile!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:29 25 Nov 2007

click here is this the one you mean...the price is in euros..;-)))

G

Legolas 15:43 25 Nov 2007

When converted that is just over £84 still dearer but not too much.

pj123 16:29 25 Nov 2007

There is no such thing as a "Rip Off"

Most Company's sell their products for as much as they think the market will stand.

I know a company that sells USB printer cables for £10 to £14 depending on the length of cable.

I can buy the same cable from my local PC supplier for £1.49

Shop around. Someone, somewhere is always selling it cheaper.

DieSse 17:04 25 Nov 2007

"When converted that is just over £84 still dearer but not too much."

But that's only a factor of the exchange rate - which varies from day to day - and the VAT rate.

You can't expect a supplier to be varying their price day-to-day.
The VAT rate in Eire is 21% !!

Adjusted for UK VAT the equivalent price would be £81, so the price is really hardly different at all.

However the Dabs Eire site says that he can't buy from there if he's in the UK, which is at odds with what Dabs (reportedly) told him.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?