Customer Toilets

morddwyd 07:40 22 Sep 2010

I was in a store (BHS) the other day and the customer toilets were fitted with keypads on which you had to enter a code from your receipt if you wanted to use them.

One off, or the start of a trend, or already widespread?

Quickbeam 07:59 22 Sep 2010

Does it have to be a receipt for clean underwear?

sunnystaines 08:30 22 Sep 2010

i got caught short at waterloo br stn, but you had to pay to use the toilet, had no cash so had to go out of the stn and ask in a nearby cafe who were ok.

public toilets are getting like hens teeth.

interzone55 09:32 22 Sep 2010

A bit tough if you get caught short before you make your purchase, wouldn't like to queue up cross legged.

Seeing as most town centres have closed their public loos due to cutbacks I tend to use McDonalds' toilets, as they're generally clean and on most street corners.

I used the toilets in Selfridges in the trafford centre last night and most of the locks on the cubicles were broken. They may have recently been voted the best department store in the world, but their toilets aren't a patch on John Lewis'

michaelw 09:40 22 Sep 2010

It's 50p a hit at Westminster, but only 20p at mainline stations. I could make a joke about extracting the urine but I won't.

Armchair 09:52 22 Sep 2010

Debenhams have good bogs!

Bingalau 10:17 22 Sep 2010

There should now be plenty of toilets available to the public on the High Street. I am thinking of all the coffee shops etc., which have sprouted up in every town center. The law says that all food outlets must provide clean toilet facilities. (I know one big one which doesn't). Then there are pubs available which also must provide clean toilets. I've never met a pub manager who says his toilets are for customers only, because he doesn't know beforehand if you are going to be a customer or not.

Pine Man 11:11 22 Sep 2010

Southern Railways are going to REMOVE ALL TOILETS from some of their services. Already confirmed on the Portsmouth to Brighton train.

You can't even open the windows any more;-)

jakimo 11:39 22 Sep 2010

The local BHS loo's have introduced the code system, are on the 2nd floor and as far away from the store entrance as possible

anchor 11:44 22 Sep 2010

It costs £1 to use the toilet in Harrods store in London. It`s been that price for a few years.

Quickbeam 11:48 22 Sep 2010

That's a bit of a cheeky price...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?