Crysis the demo

Totally-braindead 11:34 15 Nov 2007

I've just played the demo on my PC and I did have serious concerns that it wouldn't run as my PC is above the minimum spec but isn't that great.
I have a 64 bit AMD 3500+ with 1 gig of RAM and a lowely 7600GS graphics card.
It ran perfectly at 800 x 600 and I am very impressed with it. Considering I only have a 7600GS the graphics were still good and there was no lagging.
I think I could probably get the full game and play it with my PC as is.
Admitadly the graphics weren't terrific but considering the poor card I have I was very impressed.
I can see a new graphics card being in the pipeline to see this game in all its glory.
Still impressive none the less.

donki 12:29 15 Nov 2007

Have to agree I dont have a top of the range pc but can play the demo on full with the AA and AF turned off. T-B if you were impressed with crysis id give COD4 a go, due to me buying it I think I will hold off on Crysis until Christmas.

Marko797 13:18 15 Nov 2007

looked better to me in the demo, than Crysis (demo) which was buggy, but both these issues cudda been down to my lowly grafs card. CoD4 demo ran great by the way.

Totally-braindead 13:19 15 Nov 2007

donki I will be giving COD4 demo a go and will be downloading it tonight. Hopefully it will run on my rather basic system.

donki 14:07 15 Nov 2007

If anything it should run better, the COD team always produce an incredably well optimised game. So by using the the same resolution as u used in Crysis ur should get a better prefomance. Buy the full game and i will see you for some online action!!

wolfie3000 15:05 15 Nov 2007

download the demo from here,

click here

Don't know much about the game but will download it and give it a go.

I would recommend torrenting the file as the servers are nearly full on the regular download.

wolfie3000 15:09 15 Nov 2007

ALso would like to point out that the Mininova torrent has the most seeders atm and Nvidias download is going full speed for me, 600Kb/s.

Also has a handy link for the latest Nvidia forceware drivers.

Totally-braindead 11:38 16 Nov 2007

Just completed the COD4 demo and again I'm pleasantly surprised, only a 7600GS and it was beautiful, no lagging or anything. Did have to play at 800x600 the same as Crysis but what a great game!
Have to get them both I think.
Are they quite short games though? Anyone know? If they are I'll wait a while till the price drops as I'm not paying top dollar as it were for a game I can complete in a couple of days.

donki 15:13 16 Nov 2007

Depends how much you play them and on what level, Ive had COD4 from release and amd still happily playeing through, I have it on the hard setting which makes it less of a walkthrough.

mrwoowoo 17:32 16 Nov 2007

I took this from a forum.
C.o.d 4
"It took me around 8 hours to complete on normal settings and experienced players will probably knock an hour or two off that. But you know what - I loved every minute. I'd much rather have 8 hours of full on exhilaration than a drawn out 20. And that's without the multiplayer".
Crysis seems the longer of the games.
Another forum quote.
"its more like 12~15 hours actually im playing on delta and im like 2 objects away from beating the game and i played for like 11 hours and 45 minutes"

mrwoowoo 17:39 16 Nov 2007

Just noticed that it's not clear that the 12 - 15 hrs refers to the crysis demo.
As donki says,it all depends on your difficulty settings and experience/skill!
Some quoted 8hrs and some 18hrs for crysis.Also some like to brag and lie a little about their achievements.I would say that reading between the lines crysis is the longer.
Must hurry and finish hl2 episode 2 so i can get stuck in to these two beauties.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?