Crisis Over

morddwyd 23:15 04 Jun 2010

The baby thrush which sat on the bedroom windowsill for a while before deciding to come in to spend the night on the wardrobe has been reunited with its parents!

Strawballs 01:08 05 Jun 2010

Had it done that in our house it would have been united with a big white and grey cat.

Quickbeam 09:00 05 Jun 2010

I've just rescued a baby blackbird that can't fly yet that dropped into the garden and was promptly terrorised by the resident spaniel. The parents seemed to appreciate it and have now started to feed it again.

Two days ago there were 4 thrush chicks on the patio that I presume the parents threw out after the nest was flooded after a flash shower that washed the garden violently.

Nature can be quite cruel, even in a suburban garden.

birdface 10:28 05 Jun 2010

I used to drive taxis and had to go to my Bosses house one day to give him his cash.
They were all sitting at the table eating and this little bird was jumping about the table eating bits and pieces that was given to it.
Don't think it was a sparrow but about the same size.
boss said it comes here every year and just flies in the window.
Obviously it must have felt safe there and wonder what happened when the family eventually moved.
I wonder if it managed to follow them.
Noise of rattling plates cutlery and and them talking never made the slightest bit of difference to it.
I found it pretty amazing.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017