The creeping rise of fuel costs

WhiteTruckMan 00:55 29 Jul 2006

I find it amazing that no-one seems to have commented on the slow creep upwards of the cost of petrol and diesel. I'm finding a depressingly large number of stations have gone past the £1/litre mark, so that they do not have room on the large signs outside to display that irritating .9 ppl that everyone has. still, at those prices it will not be long before they can afford a whole new, bigger, sign.

Also, there seems to be a purely random distribution of stations that have derv cheaper than petrol, or vice versa.

And while I'm at it, how do americans tell the diference between gas prices and gas prices? it must be frustrating when no-one knows what you are talking about?

WTM

Dizzy Bob 01:00 29 Jul 2006

I live on the South Coast, but had to drive up to Charlton today. I was very surpeised to see petrol in London approx 4p / litre cheaper than down here. It is usually the other way round.

Local Tesco 99.9/Litre unleaded (Bognor Regis)

I wonder which Forum Member has the cheapest?

DB

josie mayhem 01:40 29 Jul 2006

Around us in somerset (bridgwater) most garages are sellin both types for £0.99p for me at last I have the advantage! We have one garage with the nerve to sell at over a pound a litre!

On the last petrol strike the above said garage almost went out of bisness becasue of i t's prices...

In one respect I'm am happy to face another strike, because I do come under esstentrial services, but to the normal motoriest I shalln't abuse this privages....

But it is about time the government done something as it is getting beyond a joke...

Where I live the bus routes are so bad that to go to work and complete a normal day (8 hours of work) your are talking about a 12 hour day at least if you use public transport....

Sir Radfordin 08:58 29 Jul 2006

Drove past a Shell garage on Thursday near Oxford where the price was £1.01 for Unleaded. Useful website to find the cheapest petrol in your area: click here

Sir Radfordin 09:01 29 Jul 2006

And this may become a useful website in the future: click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:31 29 Jul 2006

Holiday in North Devon last couple of weeks prices varied from 98.9 to 105.9 Unleaded.
Still 96.9 at my local garage.

Also surprised to see Diesel cheaper than Unleaded at some stations.

WhiteTruckMan 11:48 29 Jul 2006

Does anyone know any other product that is retailed at fractions of a penny? Or do they think we cant really tell the difference between 99.9p p/l and £1 p/l?

WTM

egapup 18:19 29 Jul 2006

We all know oil is going to run out one day and the price is going to keep rising, get used to it.

oresome 19:55 29 Jul 2006

I've purchased oil company shares.

If you can't beat them, join them.

Mr Mistoffelees 21:14 29 Jul 2006

I joined Pipeline card when it was mentioned on this forum several months ago. However I have very little confidence in the discounts and cards ever materialising. In recent months even the monthly update emails have ceased.

Brumas 21:24 29 Jul 2006

It's quite amazing really when I think back to 1970 I was in the Army and stationed in Bahrein. The price of drinking water was dearer than the price of petrol - admittedly there were oil-wells just about everywhere but you could fill up a landrover for just under a quid but that didn't buy you many bottles of water!!

Brumas

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?