Couple in fizzy drink laptop con

peter99co 16:55 08 Dec 2008

One to be aware of in the run-up to Christmas.

click here

interzone55 17:16 08 Dec 2008

or in this case, two...

oldbeefer2 17:21 08 Dec 2008

Blooming heavy laptop, that would have been!

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:29 08 Dec 2008

One has to assume that the human race may not have evolved as intended.

G

Brumas 18:01 08 Dec 2008

The modern example of 'a pig in a poke' - but by not having the sense to check the contents first they deserved all they got or didn't get!

Quickbeam 18:07 08 Dec 2008

Was it cheap cola as well? Double whammy...

The Brigadier 18:14 08 Dec 2008

Just shows how stupid some people are in thinking they are getting a bargain!

Coffee Adict 18:30 08 Dec 2008

I regret to say this is my neck of the woods and having read the report in the local press
click here

there's something not right about this, as one commentator says they were stood outside Tescos who sell cheap laptops. The incident took place in November but appears to only have been reported in the press recently.

€dstowe 18:49 08 Dec 2008

I wonder if this is the same salesman who's been selling television sets in Brighton: "Brand new. Sealed in box."

When opened the box contains plenty of bubblewrap surrounding a suitable number of bricks to make the weight seem correct.

laurie53 20:19 08 Dec 2008

A cheap laptop in a car park is, at best, a bit "iffy".

Con artists always rely on a bit of greed.

interzone55 20:31 08 Dec 2008

This does remind me of a time at work when we were forced by the powers that be to stack a load of VCRs on the sales floor, whilst all the staff were safely behind counters, so unable to stop the VCRs from walking away.

I had a good idea and emptied all the boxes and placed a suitable number of catalogues in the boxes and resealed them.

Naturally I was left with a large number of unboxed VCRs.

After Christmas we did get a couple of people returning the boxed catalogues, but I refused refunds without a receipt as there was no way I was going to buy back a couple of out of date catalogues for £60...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?