Couple of disparate queries:

Diodorus Siculus 13:10 03 Jan 2008

First off, anyone know much about coffee makers?

Does this one at Amazon seem good quality? click here

I find it hard to get one that will make decent coffee so if anyone can help, I'd be pleased.

Secondly: Has Microsoft given up on Publisher? I'm getting used to a lot of the good things about Office 2007 but am a little sad to see that Publisher 2007 is being left behind in the development. Or is there a better MS publishing product that I've missed?

Cheers, Dio

anskyber 13:35 03 Jan 2008

Publisher exists in the 2007 form. click here

interzone55 13:51 03 Jan 2008

I've not used that particular model, but it's got a high pressure pump, so should make decent coffee.

A problem with a lot of cheaper espresso machines is that they only have 4 bar pumps, which is just not up to the job.

As for Publisher 2007, I heard that they couldn't finish the new version in time, so it doesn't have the new toolbar. As most of the critisisms of Office 2007 involve the "ribbon" I would say that is a good thing.

Diodorus Siculus 14:45 03 Jan 2008

anskyber: thanks, I have Pub2007 as part of Office 07 - it just seems different to the other components.

alan14: that's what I was thinking re the pressure; I'll search around but if anyone knows a good one, I'd be pleased to hear about it.

I like the ribbon a lot in Office 2007 and it is one of the things I miss in Publisher; the other is the ability to highlight text and work with it from the menu that arises there.

sunny staines 16:13 03 Jan 2008

I was given one of those recently, it was rubbish poor quality taste.

if your looking for a machine look at whittards of chelsea, have stores all over uk, i have just bought one rrp £399 reduced in jan2008 sale to 299 plus another £105 worth of coffee,vouchers descaler pack as well. the shops offer better selection than their web site, they also let you sample coffee from any machine in store if you ask. collected machine this morning.

sunny staines 16:15 03 Jan 2008
  Kemistri 16:57 03 Jan 2008

I used to have a Morphy Richards, I'm a little ashamed to say, which was purchased because it was massively discounted. Its water temp was a little bit variable, but it wasn't bad. The worst problem were the plastic splines, which eventually could not take the pressure of the water and would release their grip on the coffee holder. It lasted for about a year before that happened. I have a Gaggia now, which is very good without being megabucks.

Diodorus Siculus 10:24 04 Jan 2008

Thanks for the info; think I'll hold out on the coffee maker for now.

IClaudio 01:20 08 Jan 2008

Instead, for about £10, buy a Bodum Press and some ground coffee (Sainsbury's No 3 is a good starter). Add a bit of hot (NOT boiling) water, and you have a fabulous cup of coffee which will beat anything you can make with a machine.

Diodorus Siculus 23:05 08 Jan 2008

IClaudio - thanks but what I wan't is the ease of the espresso without having to put it on the stove - maybe just laziness but I like a decent coffee so it seems I will have to stick with the stove.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?