Countryside. How lucky are we?

rdave13 22:39 24 May 2008

Today I took the children out from under my partners 'hair' so she could 'straighten' the house while we were out.
Hmm.. smaller the house the bigger the problem methinks but that's another thread.
Here's a taste where we went and thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it; click here

Wonderful country we live in.

mrwoowoo 23:30 24 May 2008

How lucky are we?
We? I'm surrounded by marshland )O:!
Oh how i wish i lived in your area.
Looks absolutely stunning.But in general,yes we are lucky.If we take the time to appreciate it.

tullie 23:56 24 May 2008

No luckier than anyone else,every country in the world has its equal

rdave13 23:59 24 May 2008

Marshland. Take a closer look at it when not raining. Drizzling is acceptable so don your Sou' Westers and go hunt for nature.
If you fall foul of 'Flu don't blame me but enjoy showing the varied dragon flies and different insects, ducks and the unfortunate dead species you will come across.
Seeing is believing to children and sometimes it can be difficult to explain that a bird, however beautifull is no more. Summer is nearly here and we'll be out and about.
Wonderful, still at my age..;(

rdave13 00:03 25 May 2008

Of course. Not only equal but most probably better.
Still we're luckier than most that we can afford, up to now, to explore our own country.
Fuel prices going as they are then even that privelege might be denied.

mrwoowoo 00:04 25 May 2008

Only said tongue in cheek.
Two bird reserves and plenty of other wildlife to see.
Love photographing the birds and other wildlife and getting about with rod in hand.Oh err!
The sunsets here can be truly wonderful.
Tullie is right.All countries and counties have their own unique and beautiful scenery.

rdave13 00:17 25 May 2008

Mountain and neighbouring high hills make a truly remarkable difference of your perception of nature.

Scotland next year for me I think, though Snowdonia is exceptional.

Chegs ®™ 01:35 25 May 2008

Our area was voted best view in britain.Its an hours cycle away to the western edge of the Lake District and I can view the fells around Ennerdale from my windows.There's nothing I enjoyed more than packing sandwiches & poop scoop for a few hours wandering the many footpaths of local lakes with daughter and dog.

wolfie3000 04:40 25 May 2008

I don't think beautiful vistas are in one geographical location,

There are many beautiful places across the world.
From the swiss alps to the Great Barrier Reef in Australia.

My personal favorites are some of the larger cities, some of the contrasting architecture is just stunning.

click here

Quickbeam 08:35 25 May 2008

It doesn't have to only be the 'world class outstanding' that impresses, everyone has something on their doorstep of visual value... We just don't always see it.

DANZIG 10:38 25 May 2008

You're right. We often fail to notice whats on our doorstep.

I live in West Yorkshire, Huddersfield to be precise, and whenever my Mum comes up to visit from the dull fenlands she always comments on the scenery up here.

I've lived up here for about 15 years are now and simply do not notice it anymore - but when I sit back and actually LOOK at what we've got up here, thats when I realise how stunning some of it actually is.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone