This could well be true

Bingalau 20:29 19 Feb 2009

It certainly amused me.

MONKEY BUSINESS

Once upon a time a man appeared in a village and announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for £10 each.The villagers, knowing there were many monkeys, went to the forest and started catching them. The man bought thousands at £10 and, as supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their effort. He then announced that he would buy monkeys at £20 each. This renewed the villagers efforts and they started catching monkeys again. Soon the supply diminished and people started going back to their farms. The offer increased to £25 each and the supply of monkeys became so scarce it was an effort to even find a monkey, let alone catch it!
The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at £50 each! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would buy on his behalf. The assistant told the villagers, "Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that my boss has already collected. I will sell them to you at £35 and when my boss returns, you can sell them to him for £50. "The villagers rounded up all their savings and bought all the monkeys for £700 billion. They never saw the man or his assistant again, only lots and lots of monkeys!

Now you have a better understanding of how the Bank BAILOUT PLAN WORKS !!!
It doesn't get much clearer than this........

Forum Editor 23:09 19 Feb 2009

that this story gives you a better understanding of how stupid people can be......and they'll be right.

It's been circulating for ages, and people have been claiming it explains pretty well everything, whereas in fact it explains nothing at all.

Stuartli 00:34 20 Feb 2009

It's a variation on this US joke:

Fence Repair At The White House

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C. One is from New Jersey, another from Tennessee and the third from Florida.

They go with a White House Official to examine the fence.

The Florida contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works out some figures with a pencil.

"Well," he says, "I figure the job will run
about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The New Jersey contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even
measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

The New Jersey contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence."

"Done!", replies the government official.

That, my friends, is how it all works!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?