Corrie ?

ol blueeyes 23:16 29 Oct 2009

All the Radio Annoucers and TV Presenters are always saying that a Programme called ""Corrie"" is on at what ever time. But I've lookED in the TV MAGAZINES AND CANNOT FIND ""CORRIE"" MENTIONED. Am I missing something ?

Brumas 23:18 29 Oct 2009

I don't watch soaps myself but I presume it means Coronation Street?

ol blueeyes 23:23 29 Oct 2009

Yeh ! I know they mean Coronation Street. I am just trying to demonstrate that most announcers and Presenters cannot speak good English these days. I could take that further but if I did I would FE after me.

Forum Editor 23:33 29 Oct 2009

Coronation street is commonly referred to as 'Corrie' - it's been that way for many years. It has nothing to do with good English, it's just an affectionate nickname for the longest-running soap on British TV.

Brumas 23:34 29 Oct 2009

Sorry, I missed the obvious ;o)

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:22 30 Oct 2009

Coronation Street has been referred to as 'Corrie' since the early 70s. You really need to move with the times - remember the dinosaurs.

G

morddwyd 08:31 30 Oct 2009

Move aside everyone; there's a thunderbolt coming through to smite GANDALF <|:-)> for the most outrageous hypocrisy this century!

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:19 30 Oct 2009

/triple yawn.

G

dagbladet 10:25 30 Oct 2009

ol blueeyes

"...if I did I would FE after me..."

FE? FE??? Surely you mean Forum Editor?

ol blueeyes 10:27 30 Oct 2009

It is not a question of moving with the times. It is a matter of good English which most of the population do not bother with. Or is it they are just too lazy ?

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:34 30 Oct 2009

The current English language is constantly developing and bears little resemblance to the genuine English language aka Anglo-Saxon . Many would probably find it difficult to understand Elizabethan or Georgian English. There is no such thing as 'good English' only 'current English. Times change, so do languages.

G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?