Conservative should change their name

carver 09:38 21 Dec 2014

There's a lot of people on here who slag UKIP off about stupid policy's and how they are racist, well just seen this and the logic behind it seems a little flawed.

We spend years training some one to become highly qualified in a particular field of science then she wants to chuck them out of the country.

Now I don't know about you but if that happened to me and I was told to leave then I think that maybe I would look at say starting a job that paid more in a different country.

If UKIP had come up with this idea then that's par for the course but I presumed Theresa May did have some intelligence but I suppose you can't get every thing right.

spuds 11:47 21 Dec 2014

I haven't got a crystal ball, but I predict that many more 'suggestions' will surface on the run-up to the elections. Possibly to prove that the politician's have been listening to the electorate, about the state of this country, and the way it might be heading.

"Conservative should change their name"

But what will it call itself, "the party of and for the people". But doesn't all the other's lay claim to that title as well!.

Forum Editor 12:19 21 Dec 2014

"We spend years training some one to become highly qualified in a particular field of science then she wants to chuck them out of the country."

What Theresa May wants them to do is honour the terms of their student visa and return home once they have graduated. They can then apply for a work visa if they wish to stay here and work. Of 121,000 non EU students who entered the country in the last year for which there are official figures, only 51,000 left, meaning that 70,000 non EU people remained here with student visa status only.

That's an additional 70,000 competing with UK graduate citizens for jobs, and seeking benefits if they can't get them. Far better, surely, for them to leave (they were only allowed here in the first place to study, remember) and then seek a new visa from outside the country.

We have plenty of bright graduates of our own. Universities should be made responsible for keeping their own houses in order - if someone comes here to get a degree they should leave once they've achieved that aim. If they want to come back they should apply for a visa like everyone else.

spuds 12:47 21 Dec 2014

"No hardship for them they can afford to come to learn then they can afford to go back home and apply for a Visa".

I could be wrong, but some of these student's arrive in this country, because their families are very rich, their own government offers support or sponserships, and even some charities might offer help and support in a number of ways, so the same doesn't apply to every student seeking further education here.

It would be interesting to know, just how many of those that qualify, actually stay in this country, having perhaps been offered legal advice, and are now working in certain essential sectors within the communities, like the NHS.

One subject about 'overseas students' was the sudden increase of supposedly colleges, that attracted many hundreds if not thousands of students, which were found to be bogus, solely attracting people here for possible employment. The government have tightened down on that side of the market, and again, it might be interesting to find how many 'slipped the net', before any actions were taken. Indeed I would suspect that there are many 'illegals' working our towns and cities with bogus documents. perhaps holding a job that they are not qualified or entitled to do. They don't seem to be 'forced out', but that is perhaps because we don't actually know how many there are. Off subject perhaps, but a bit of food for thought there!.

Forum Editor 15:50 21 Dec 2014

spuds

"It would be interesting to know, just how many of those that qualify, actually stay in this country, having perhaps been offered legal advice, and are now working in certain essential sectors within the communities, like the NHS."

If you read my earlier post you can find out - roughly 70,000 non-EU students stayed after graduation in one year. They are not all working for the NHS of course - I imagine that large numbers of them are on supermarket checkouts, or in call centres, or are not working at all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?