Confusion... ebay thread

lisa02 18:31 05 Feb 2008

I posted to a thread about ebay. When I clicked post it was submitted but the originator's post had disappeared.

Then the thread appears in my postings, saying 2 contributions, but when I click it there's only the originator's post.

My head hurts, can someone explain?

lisa02 18:35 05 Feb 2008

click here this one

Forum Editor 18:38 05 Feb 2008

was that I moved the thread to Consumerwatch, because I felt that was a more appropriate place for it. You submitted your post just as I was doing that, and what you said has gone into oblivion.

If you look in Consumerwatch you'll see the thread currently showing as having two responses - but as I write there are none visible.

Servers don't always know what they're doing, and here's the perfect proof.

lisa02 18:40 05 Feb 2008

okay thanks FE.

Forum Editor 18:41 05 Feb 2008

I emailed the originator of the thread to say that it had been moved. I always do that, so I don't get 'I posted a thread but it hasn't appeared' emails from puzzled forum members. Unfortunately I don't have the time to email everyone who had already posted responses in such cases.

lisa02 18:53 05 Feb 2008

No trouble FE.

I just submitted another post to it and it's been successfully added.

Another thing I should say was I didn't even know which forum it was in. I move between Forums quickly and then track the ones I've posted to from "My Postings".

Thanks for the explanation though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017