Commodore 64 lives again

peter99co 15:19 07 Apr 2011
Answered

click here

Commodore's updated version will run Windows 7 but also has an emulator capable of playing games written for its ancestor.

interzone55 15:30 07 Apr 2011
Answer

Can't see it being more than a novelty, as it's only running an Atom processor.

Plus they've kept they awful clicky keyboard...

There's some pictures of the latest prototypes on The Register, but seeing as they've been running stories on the re-birth of the Commodore 64 for several years now, with about a half dozen different companies trying to launch a machine I shan't be holding my breath this time
click here

Terry Brown 16:30 07 Apr 2011

I'm sorry , but the commodore has gone the way or the Oric,BBC,and Spectrum. It had a run, but now it's done.

let it die.

terry

Aitchbee 22:09 07 Apr 2011

If I could get some sort of interface/adapter to allow USB (hard drives) and SD card readers etc. to work with the Amiga, I would definately dig it out (my Amiga 1000), dust off the cobwebs and use it again.
I've still got the older 64 as well, to which the same wishlist applies.

Dragon_Heart 01:50 08 Apr 2011

.... these days we all want more !

You could upgrade the old Amiga but only with a 2.5" hard drive, a clock speed doubler and a RAM upgrade. The problem was if you exceeded 4 Mb you 'lost' the PCMCIA slop through which you could add a modem or SCSI interface.

Aitchbee 08:25 08 Apr 2011

I did most of the upgrades you mention - and more - but I know it was only a pipedream.I know you meant 4gb.I still live in hope :-)

BT 08:32 08 Apr 2011

A few years ago I helped my son install his Amiga into a PC style Tower case, which allowed all sorts of expansion options. Don't know if you can still get them.

Aitchbee 08:39 08 Apr 2011

I did a similar project with Amiga 1200 but I don't know if USB was around then. 1990-ish.
I was thinking a USB interface might revitalise the old commodore Amiga machines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?