Coming soon......the Tesco house

realist 14:14 22 Jan 2007

click here

You'll be able to furnish your Tesco-built house with Tesco furniture and consumer electronics, insure it with Tesco, have Tesco software on your pc, Tesco foodstuffs in your Tesco-designed kitchen, not forgetting your Tesco-wear in your Tesco wardrobes and Tesco plants and flowers in your garden. All your services: gas, electric and phone/internet will be by Tesco. Your car in the drive (not yet a Tesco-branded product!)will be bought with Tesco finance and insured by, who other than, Tesco.

Have I overlooked anything?

Oops, must go!
Tesco Home Delivery's here!

johndrew 14:39 22 Jan 2007

`Have I overlooked anything?`

Well, Co-op have a funeral service!!!!!

Bingalau 14:40 22 Jan 2007

Sounds like a one man Tesco advert on the forum. ..Bingalau..

realist 14:45 22 Jan 2007

johndrew
Ahhh!
Watch this space!

Bingalau
An unintended consequence!

postie24 15:31 22 Jan 2007

Our local tescos have a royal mail pillar box inside.
Wonder if their gonna start deliveries aswell :)
Postie24

amonra 15:33 22 Jan 2007

Local PO's are closing fast, I can imagine Tesco have done an in-depth study to see if in-store PO's are viable. Watch this space.

postie24 15:53 22 Jan 2007

The way royal mail is going downhill,i might apply for a position at tescos :)

Postie24

The Brigadier 15:55 22 Jan 2007

Would like to know were in Tolworth they are buying, it's probably the old civil service land behind the toby-jug bowling ally as the rest of the land has been sold.

Always wanted to be a property devloper, but mrs brigadier will not let me take the risk.

jack 17:59 22 Jan 2007

Ah yes but how long before a BOGOF?

postie24 18:37 22 Jan 2007

The Brigadier,tell mrs brigadier you have to speculate to accumulate

Postie24

anskyber 18:44 22 Jan 2007

It's very, very unusual for a supermarket to need extra profit making development to make the supermarket scheme work. That is the reason given in the linked report.

I found it most interesting that it is housing development which is the "enabling" development.

With Councils struggling to meet their affordable homes targets let us all hope that the promise if a large number of affordable homes by a developer does not lead to the grant of planning permission which would not ordinarily be given.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?