Comedy videos!

wolfie3000 16:18 06 Jul 2006

I am still puzzled by this why is it that on sites like google video comedy videos no matter now dull seem to be more popular?

An example of this is sometimes when making videos myself i make test clips to test out new ideas to see if it looks good or to test out camera angles and such,

These clips are usually a few seconds long and i usually bin them after they are of no use to me,

Well some of these test clips i uploaded to google video just to see what people thought of them,

To my utter amazment these test clips are my most popular uploads never mind spending over 500 hours with 4 to 5 people working on a video all i need to do is make short test clips,

so should i give up making huge time consuming videos and just upload the test shots that i would normally bin after a few days?

SG Atlantis® 16:39 06 Jul 2006

they aren't about 'the hoff' are they?

wolfie3000 16:45 06 Jul 2006

Funny thing is SG there is a HOFF mod for gta vice city

Well a knightrider mod anyway that includes a HOFF skin for your player lol

click here;3847881;/fileinfo.html

Maybe a knightrider video in the making,

wolfie3000 16:47 06 Jul 2006

sorry here.

click here

wolfie3000 21:35 06 Jul 2006

I should explain that most of my videos are made using gta vice city and so are the test videos,

SG Atlantis® 21:39 06 Jul 2006

so it's just clips of you playing your game>?

wolfie3000 23:11 06 Jul 2006

not quite SG its a popular thing nowadays and its called machinamation where by you use a video game to make a video,

the most well known is redvsblue by rooster teeth,

Heres one of a few iv made.

click here

And heres one my mate made.

click here

SG Atlantis® 23:25 06 Jul 2006

would the producers of the game not own the rights to the artwork then?

seems interesting, doubt I'd have the patience or dedication to do something like that.

wolfie3000 23:34 06 Jul 2006

To be honest SG im not sure if they did they would own a hell of alot of work.

But i still cant understand why people seem to find the short in some cases dull funny videos rather than one that has taken months to produce.

Heres the stats of my videos the three highlighted were just test videos.

click here

SG Atlantis® 23:44 06 Jul 2006

i liked the benny hill one, you posted that before...

maybe the shorts are better because the are short, I know I'm stating the obvious but hopefully you get what I mean...

g'night.

wolfie3000 23:50 06 Jul 2006

Yeah i can see what you mean but still the redvsblue videos are up to 10 minutes long and one of the most popular on the net.

Maybe i should give up and just play the games rather than make videos out of them.

G,nite SG

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?