Coffee Makers

morddwyd 08:49 17 Feb 2010

Any recommendations for a bean to cup/grind and brew coffee machine, based on personal experience?

Don't drink much, one or two a day, but I do like it strong, continental/after dinner style.

Not sure if this should be here or Consumerwatch, but no doubt it will be moved if I'm wrong!

Quickbeam 09:18 17 Feb 2010

I don't use one myself, I think they're very expensive, especially if you only buy it for occasional use.

But the flavour from fresh ground beans is much more intense than ready ground, just like a coffee shop coffee is, but I still buy ready ground for easy breakfast use. I don't do any of the espresso, cappuccino or whatever else coffees that makes a lot of the cost of coffee machine go through the roof. Just strong dark coffee as it comes with no faffing about with milk or sugar or anything else.

I'd be interested in one myself, if amyone makes a simple long breakfast coffee only one.

sunnystaines 09:18 17 Feb 2010

i have a delongi magnifica

click here

you can add beans adjust the grind, also adjust the strength, adust the amount of water too. it will do 1 or 2 cups at a time.

when it silts up in hard water area's awarning light comes on and you start a self cleaning proess.

cannot fault it at all.

shop around prices for same machine vary from £100 to £300 got mine in whittards sale for £100

sunnystaines 09:19 17 Feb 2010

forgot to add if you run out of beans has another option built in to use ground coffee.

Quickbeam 09:42 17 Feb 2010

This M&S one looks to fit the bill for 50 quid click here I think I'll see if they have them in store Friday, I can't do with giant appliances cluttering the limited worktop space I have.

And when you drink the coffee, you can click here and chill:)

morddwyd 10:40 17 Feb 2010

"I don't do any of the espresso, cappuccino or whatever else "

Sorry, should have made it more clear, I'm only looking to make standard black filter coffee.

Grey Goo 10:44 17 Feb 2010

Buy ready ground coffee and use a plunger, you can make it regular or hallucinating as required.

Quickbeam 10:52 17 Feb 2010

The M&S one looks to be that. At the moment I'm using a cheap £9.99 all plastic filter coffee maker that's near the end of it's life. It's done well for 6 years, but looks naff.

Bingalau 11:12 17 Feb 2010

I use a cafetiere for mine and just do one cup from ground coffee at a time.

Quickbeam 11:28 17 Feb 2010

Can any of you that use the grinder/makers tell me if the coffee is free of grinds?

That's why I've always preferred the paper filter types, they are virtually sediment free. I can't do with the cafetiere ones at all because of the mouthful of sediment in the last swallow.

sunnystaines 12:36 17 Feb 2010

the one i posted does very smooth coffee t
like costas coffee shops

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?