Cod Liver Oil

iqs 19:26 18 Dec 2009

Just wondering if cod liver oil is best taken in liquid form or capsule?.
It was a topic of conversation while playing snooker the other night

bremner 19:28 18 Dec 2009
  morddwyd 19:29 18 Dec 2009

Take it in liquid form and you'll be "repeating" it for hours, and breathing it over everybody.

Capsules for me.

Forum Editor 19:30 18 Dec 2009

although a capsule might be safer. It's possible to take too much Cod liver oil, and as a result you may overdose on vitamin A and vitamin D - both of which are toxic if taken in large quantities.

iqs 19:44 18 Dec 2009

Thanks for the replies.I said capsules were better then liquid,just because I remember(not fondly)when I was little, being given two spoon fulls before bed,not one of my better childhood memories.
Cheers

johndrew 19:47 18 Dec 2009

Wonderful stuff!! Great for joints along with glucosamine.

My wife says even the capsules repeat on her; as a result we keep them in the freezer and swallow them in the `frozen` (well very cold anyway) state. No problems with `repeating` now!!

canarieslover 20:57 18 Dec 2009

Having taken cod liver oil daily for the last thirty years I prefer to take liquid in a small glass of milk. For convenience, and deference to other people who need to come within sniffing range, I have gone down the capsule route for the last ten of these years. I'm not totally convinced about how good it is for the joints as I am looking at needing knee replacements in the not too distant future, but I do sometimes wonder how bad they would be if I wasn't taking it.

Terry Brown 21:06 18 Dec 2009

I have been taking Cod Liver Oil (capsuls) and Vitamin D (you need both for the Cod Liver Oil to work effectivly), due to an accident at work when I was young and now I have Artheris and rhumatism is various parts of my body.

I believe that if I had not been taking Cod Liver Oil on a daily basis, my problems would be worse than they are now.

Proof- None, Belief - plenty.

I look at it as an Insurance policy you may never need the benefits, but !!.

Terry

peter99co 21:16 18 Dec 2009

I bought a container of Cod Liver Oil with 365 capsules and take one each morning.

I have managed to cut out medication prescribed by the doctor for my Arthritis for some time now.

dukeboxhero 21:43 18 Dec 2009

iqs, in Glasgow we have a song for Cod Liver Oil
click here
I think i would stick to the capsules, Remember my mother covered in it trying to give me a spoonfull of it.

Forum Editor 23:14 18 Dec 2009

There's no scientific evidence that Cod liver oil has the slightest beneficial effect on bone joints, but there's no harm in believing it does.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?