`click here` within a thread

futurhead 22:17 19 Apr 2005

this may seem a stupid question but how do i add a click here within a thread. most people here seem to do it often..

why is there no kind of guide on posting threads, i.e `click here` or adding pictures. This may seem simple to old hands at forums but us newbies don`t have a clue ...(alright i dont)

p.s i don`t have any exciting links to show you all is just for future reference..

stalion 22:22 19 Apr 2005

just copy and paste the url address here and it is automatically changed for you also you can not post pics on here
Regards

Totally-braindead 22:23 19 Apr 2005

The way I normally do it is to open another windows explorer window, go to the website I want to point the people to and then just copy and paste it into the thread.

futurhead 22:24 19 Apr 2005

ah simple as that . thanks .

futurhead 22:29 19 Apr 2005

just to try this out

any one into F1 try this . found it earlier

click here

Forum Editor 23:20 19 Apr 2005

to forum use and etiquette futurhead, and I've taken the liberty of sending you a copy - some of it might prove helpful.

dan11 23:40 19 Apr 2005

right first time. :-) well done.

To post a picture, I use photo impression 4, free with most epson printers. click here This captures the immage on the screen.

I then edit the picture in adobe photoshop ( you can do the same in paint). Then resize it. click here

The image is then ready to up-load to the web.

ImageShack is easy to use. click here Browse for the image, click here and then pick host it.

Double click on the thumbnail. click here and a fresh window will appear with the finished image in.

Right click the url, copy it and then paste it in your thread. click here

result > one nice piccy.

dan11 23:44 19 Apr 2005

Right click the url, copy it and then paste it in your thread. click here

Some times you have to work on it. :-(

lol

Dan the Doctus 12:50 20 Apr 2005

Useful tip: if you ever have problems clicking on a link you can simply drag and drop it into the address bar. This works for IE but not sure about other browsers.

Curio 14:19 20 Apr 2005

By George - He's got it!

mcds01 16:22 20 Apr 2005

also works in good old firefox

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone