Clean underpants please.

Chronos the 2nd 06:26 01 Sep 2013

Massive boulder narrowly misses car during landslide in Taiwan.

Video.

Phew.

onthelimit1 08:49 01 Sep 2013

Just seen that on the Breakfast News - think he should go and buy a lottery ticket sharpish!

Jwbjnwolf 08:53 01 Sep 2013

Oh s... :| wow that were lucky

carver 09:42 01 Sep 2013

Do you think he was sat there thinking "hope my airbags work" or "pass me the toilet paper please".

Two very lucky people, first one in the car that nearly had a slight fender bender and the second one was in the car doing the filming, still can't figure out how they staged it.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:19 01 Sep 2013

What makes you think they staged it?

Aitchbee 10:20 01 Sep 2013

The big boulder [ if they can move it along the road a bit ] would make a smashing landmark/tourist-attraction for that nearby MacDonalds establishment.

... then again, it might make people run for cover!

bumpkin 11:27 01 Sep 2013

Lucky driver, could have got a chipped windscreen.

Jwbjnwolf 11:36 01 Sep 2013

When I first saw this post titled "clean underwear please", I thought it were gonna be something about why it's important to wear clean underwear each day lol

Forum Editor 11:42 01 Sep 2013

I once drove around a corner in Oregon and was confronted with a landslide that had obviously only just happened. There were two cars in front of me, and the driver of the lead car said he passed that way twice every day, and there had been no sign of a problem two hours ago.

The debris was five feet deep across the road, and it shook me up to think how quickly these things can happen. The boulder in your link obviously weighed many tons, and would have killed everyone instantly, had it hit the car.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:05 01 Sep 2013

Drove from Fort William to Oban down the coast road, walked into the CO OP in Oban and on the Radio it announce the coast road was blocked due to a landslide. Can only have happened a very short time after I had pasted.

If that large rock had tilted a fraction more the white car would be scrap (or scraped up off the road).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?