City fears of 'Great Depression Mark II

Uboat 12:05 21 May 2010

Oh no im sick of all the negativeness around at the moment! Localy to me the police force have announced they need to axe 780 jobs! localy but they say there backseat workers & not front line one..its getting worse i tell you..

click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:12 21 May 2010

We were warned about the chance of a double dip and that the economic mess would take yonks to sort out. Most people decided to blithely look on the bright side as though this would actually help. There is a lot more to come and I hope that everyone has made provisions for what will be a rough ride.

G

ronalddonald 14:02 21 May 2010

i know we can start with cassandra dick and the man in charge of the metropolitan police

ronalddonald 14:04 21 May 2010

not the man who funds the metro police but the one who wear a police uniform and gets lots of perks and loads o money

natdoor 14:57 21 May 2010

And, of course, Gordon Brown's domestic economic policies were responsible for the problems within Euroland.

bri-an 16:04 21 May 2010

"I hope that everyone has made provisions for what will be a rough ride."

Soon as I read that post I rushed out and stocked up on tinned tomat.....!!

ronalddonald 17:56 21 May 2010

bri-an click here

and read about this post

spuds 20:33 21 May 2010

Most people took no notice of the previous warning signs, and when the banks were 'bailed-out', everything including bankers bonuses have carried on as normal. Christmas spending wasn't all that much down on previous years, in fact it might have been a little higher, depending on where the information came from.

With the EU financial crisis and other similar worldly acts taking place, then collecting food supplies for a rainy day might not be a bad idea. Because we are not out of the dark side of the woods yet or in the very near future.Knee-jerks are not going to solve the problem, positive action might!.

bri-an 20:58 21 May 2010

Yes I was aware of that, and even the original 'tinned toms' thread - that went on forever (or so it seemed!!).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017