City employee gets fired for accessing a web forum

ajm 21:28 12 Jan 2006
  Chegs ®™ 04:05 13 Jan 2006

He did his work as he was supposed to do.No reason to give him a hard time for accessing forums during worktime,and if the Bosses were that bothered,then its not rocket science to restrict his puter access to the web.

Forum Editor 06:59 13 Jan 2006

It's a question of responsibility, and this man didn't demonstrate much sense of that.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:44 13 Jan 2006

'city officials have determined that the Web site was accessed 19,200 times between Aug. 18 and Nov. 2'...I would say that is well into misuse.....the man is a joke.

G

rmcqua 09:47 13 Jan 2006

I'm worried now, think I should restrict the amount of time I spend on this forum!

spuds 10:41 13 Jan 2006

If I was a boss of a large organization, public or otherwise,I would be very concerned how the employees found time to access the internet for private use on a large scale like this.Perhaps a rethink on employee levels and redundancies would solve the problem.That particular employee would then perhaps have need to consider his folly.

[email protected] 00:32 14 Jan 2006

why should he be paid for chatting on forums?

SG Atlantis® 11:00 14 Jan 2006

He did all his work and found time to post to the forums 19,200 times. I'm thinking he wasn't worked to hard in the first place. Wish my boss was like that.

He deserved the boot, clearly taking computer misuse to new heights is a just reasons!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?