A Christmas wish.

Forum Editor 15:04 18 Dec 2005

Throughout the coming week we'll see the Christmas atmosphere intensify, and that generally leads to an increase in Christmas-related threads and posts here, in the forum.

That's great, nothing wrong with it at all, but I would like to ask that everyone remembers a couple of things.

1. Let's not have any links of a dubious nature - we're very much a family forum.

2.Our threads are now open to the major search engines - tens of thousands of people from all over the world, and of all ages and both sexes are reading what we write, and this traffic is increasing. Let's make sure that we continue to present a forum of which we can be proud - no bad language, no racist or sexist comments, and no virtual fighting.

3. Lots of people are going to be spending Christmas alone, and many of them tend to spend a bit of time in forums like ours - so that the world doesn't seem quite so empty over the holiday period. Please try to understand that, and to be patient if we get a few posts from people who might sound less than euphoric - it usually happens a couple of times each Christmas, and I'm sure we would all want to help if we can.

4. No charity-related threads please. That may sound a tad harsh, but I have a reason for saying it. If we allow a thread about charity A I can hardly delete the one about charity B, or C, or D, etc., and we will very quickly be swamped with them. It's happened before, and we had many complaints from people who objected to what they perceived as an inescapable attempt to elicit contributions. They felt that it's up to each of us to decide which, if any, charities to support, without having threads about them in a computer forum.

I'll enforce this rule quite strictly, so please don't post about your favourite charity - your message will be deleted.

And finally...................my personal thanks to all of you for your continued support over the past year. You're a great bunch of people, we couldn't have done it without you, and we hope that every one of you has a wonderful Christmas; we'll be here right over the holiday period, so don't forget to look in occasionally.

watchful 15:09 18 Dec 2005

and for this Forum being so good.

To everyone out there, you are not alone spiritually, whilst you have access to this Forum and all the friends who use it.

Warmest wishes for a Happy Peaceful Season.

J B 15:24 18 Dec 2005

I agree with all that was said, and I too wish all of you a Very Happy and Peaceful Christmas. J.B.

Nellie2 15:54 18 Dec 2005

Oh I might pop in once I've finished playing with my new toys!

A Merry Christmas to you all and don't forget, if you know someone who is getting a new PC or an internet connection for Christmas then this site should be one of the first that they visit. click here

Have a happy, safe and most importantly, a secure and malware free Christmas.

ade.h 15:57 18 Dec 2005

Echoing the above sentiments.

I may surreptitiously dissappear to my workspace on the afternoon of the 25th if somebody says "what now; wash the dishes or watch the Queen's speech?" LOL.

There's bound to be at least one person who's had a new PC bit for Christmas and can't get it to work!

wolfie3000 16:34 18 Dec 2005

Thanks FE i agree.
A merry and happy xmas to all.

anchor 16:46 18 Dec 2005

At this busy time let us try not to forget the true spirit of Christmas.

"Peace on earth and good will toward all men".

click here

As Tiny Tim says in Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol";

"God bless us, every one!"

recap 17:02 18 Dec 2005

A Merry Christmas to all at PCA Towers and to all PCA Forums members.

SG Atlantis® 17:11 18 Dec 2005

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Totally-braindead 19:09 18 Dec 2005

I've already got my Xmas, a new PC so I'll definately be popping in sometime over the Xmas period. Merry Xmas to all.

Forum Editor 19:11 18 Dec 2005

When I 'phoned him to give him my list, Santa told me that there were some children who were too impatient to wait until Christmas day.

I thought he was joking, but now..........

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone