Christmas Office Party

Bingalau 20:56 16 Dec 2010

TO: All Employees
DATE: October 1, 2010
RE: Christmas Party

I'm happy to inform you that the company Christmas Party will take place on December 23rd, starting at noon in the private function room
at the Grill House.
There will be a cash bar and plenty of drinks! We'll have a small band
playing traditional carols..feel free to sing along.. And don't be
surprised if our CEO shows up dressed as Santa Claus!
Exchanges of gifts among employees can be done at that time; however, no gift should be over
$10.00 to make the giving of gifts easy for everyone's pockets.
Our CEO will make a special announcement at that time!
Patty
----------------------------------------------

DATE: October 2, 2010
RE: Holiday Party

In no way was yesterday's memo intended to exclude our Jewish employees. We recognize that Hanukkah is an important holiday, which often coincides with Christmas, though unfortunately not this year. However, from now on, we're calling it our "Holiday Party." The same policy applies to Christians and to those still celebrating Reconciliation Day.
There will be no Christmas tree and no Christmas carols will be sung..
We will have other types of music for your enjoyment. And yes, kosher foods will be provided and separated from the other trays.
Happy now?
Happy Holidays to you and your family,
Patty
-----------------------------------------------
DATE: October 3, 2010
RE: Holiday Party

Regarding the note I received from a member of Alcoholics Anonymous requesting a non-drinking table, you didn't sign your name.. I'm happy to accommodate this request, but if I put a sign on a table that reads, "AA Only", you wouldn't be anonymous anymore. How am I supposed to handle this?
Somebody?
And sorry, but forget about the gift exchange, no gifts are allowed since the union members feel that $10.00 is too much money and the executives believe $10.00 is a little chintzy.
REMEMBER: NO GIFTS EXCHANGE WILL BE ALLOWED.
Patty
-------------------------------------------

Computerdope 22:15 16 Dec 2010

Attn All Staff
I wanted to take this opportunity to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year but I have been advised that the following may well be more "PC" :-
Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, my best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non addictive, gender neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or the secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others not to practice religious or secular traditions at all.
In addition, please also accept my best wishes for a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2010, but not without the due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make this country great (not to imply that this country is necessarily greater than any other country or area of choice), and without regard to race, creed, colour, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual orientation of the wishers.
This is limited to the customary and usual good tidings for a period of one year, or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first. "Holiday" is not intended, nor shall it be considered, limited to the usual Judeo-Christian celebrations or observances, or to such activities of any of any organized or ad hoc religious community, group, individual or belief (or lack thereof ).
Note: By accepting this greeting you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher at any time, for any reason or for no reason at all. This greeting is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. This greeting implies no promise by the wisher actually to implement any of the wishes for the wisher her/himself or others, or responsibility for the consequences which may arise from the implementation or non implementation of it.
This greeting is void where prohibited by law.
The Management

Dragon_Heart 23:25 16 Dec 2010

Due to cutbacks there will be no Christmas Party this year and you WILL all work up till 5pm on the 24th. Please note This does not apply to middle management or above who will be wined & dined at the local 5 star hotel, taxi will be provided home or a room if you hit it off with the CEO PA

ronalddonald 02:01 17 Dec 2010

make sure the turkey is cooked properly you dont want food poisoning

Dragon_Heart 00:20 18 Dec 2010

Have you been at the cooking sherry again ?

rdave13 00:41 18 Dec 2010

That just about covers it.
Bingalau, your's too.
Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to you two and the other posters in this thread.

dagbladet 12:08 18 Dec 2010

I sometimes wonder at the motive of people who sit down and concoct these so called 'PC gone mad' type events, that frankly happen very rarely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017