Christmas music

Jak_1 20:10 10 Dec 2007

No I don't mean Christmas Carols but Christmas chart music. Over the years, two have remained firm favoutites for me:
Jona Lewie - Stop The Cavalry
The Pogues with Kirsty McColl - Fairytale of New York

Classics

gardener 15:30 11 Dec 2007

Fairytale of New York without a doubt, the lyrics are so honest. Is Shane McGowan still alive? If so, how come?

FungusBoggieman 16:54 11 Dec 2007

And now for something for us oldies out their.
boy I am really showing my age now.
the fantastic
Glenn Miller Orchestra

click here

interzone55 17:18 11 Dec 2007

He is still alive, which is proof that Guinness contains all the nutrients a body needs...

Legolas 17:59 11 Dec 2007

As alan14 says Shane McGowan is still alive and kicking I seen an interview with him not that long ago, although he is hard to understand as he appears to slur his words, now I wonder what can be causing that ;)

anthonystorey 18:17 11 Dec 2007

click here

one of my favourites

laurie53 20:00 11 Dec 2007

Whoops! So you did

Sorry!

laurie53 20:09 11 Dec 2007

While it's not my particular cup of tea, I'm pretty sure that the grandaddy of them all, Bing Crosby's White Christmas, has made it into the charts at least once, and it is still the best selling single ever.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:17 11 Dec 2007

Bing Crosby's White Christmas, has made it into the charts at least once, and it is still the best selling single ever.

and the rest however no longer the best seller I think Elton has that with the Diana tribute song

Bingalau 21:31 11 Dec 2007

How about "Scarlet Ribbons" by Harry Belafonte? It didn't start out as a carol, even if it is one now. But then most of the ones mentioned, seem to be played as carols now.

laurie53 15:45 12 Dec 2007

"no longer the best seller I think Elton has that with the Diana tribute song"

I think you'll find that many of Elton's sales were as part of albums, compilations and downloads, rather than as a single, which is what I was referring to.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?