Christmas Cards

laurie53 17:06 22 Dec 2007

Like most people, I deliver local cards to friends and neighbours by hand.

My wife complained that last year they didn't get their cards until Christmas Eve.

I pointed out that since they were Christmas cards as long as they got there before Christmas that was alright.

This was the wrong reply!

Any comments

Clapton is God 17:09 22 Dec 2007

Perhaps all your neighbours are Muslims?

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:30 22 Dec 2007

Never bothered with cards for years as they are waste of time. Just give £50 to charity every Xmas and encourage all those that want to send me cards to doante a small amount to Big Issue sellers.

G

mrwoowoo 17:31 22 Dec 2007

From a womans point of view it will be seen as a bit of an after thought,which is why she had a go as she doesn't want friends/neighbours to think they were last on the list.Also they might think they only got one because you got one and therefore felt obliged.
From a mans(and my) point of view,you are of course totally right.
But that doesn't count does it. (O:!

CatTrading 18:00 22 Dec 2007

I bought 30 cards from Oxfam for £5 + £10 for 5 pack of seeds for Africa.

Stuartli 20:10 22 Dec 2007

Your first paragraph is spot on - it's exactly the same in the case of presents...:-)

huggybuggy 20:59 22 Dec 2007

nothing but a rip off there will soon be cards for everything fathers day mothers day easster plus birthday cards who invented them .

bluto1 21:03 22 Dec 2007

.....and begorra, even St. Patricks Day.
I'll be after drinking to that!!!

IClaudio 01:54 23 Dec 2007

I can't see the point of sending cards to people who send back... a card (and if I'm really unlucky, a Round Robin, gag....). I'm not interested in contributing to a multi-billion pound business.

Like GANDALF <|:-)>, I lob a few quid to my favourite charity. Plus, I sing some carols around the village to bring warmth to a few lonely hearts and put a few coins in the Salvation Army bucket.

Stuartli 15:46 23 Dec 2007

>>..there will soon be cards for everything fathers day mothers day easster plus birthday cards who invented them ..>>

All these type of cards have been around for many years...:-)

jakimo 16:14 23 Dec 2007

They have been around for a while

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?