Christ-mas

Deekio 21:59 19 Dec 2009

I wonder why the BBC, never repeat the series
with Robert Powell ,Jesus of Nazareth? Particularly
at this time of year the , indeed they never repeat it at any time of the year.Perhaps they are ashamed.
Although they don't seem seem to be ashamed of hitting us with repeats of rubbish through the rest of the year.
I really, really wonder why.

bri-an 22:22 19 Dec 2009

"I really, really wonder why."

Never been much call for it would be my guess.
Who on earth wants religion brought into Xmas?

Deekio 22:33 19 Dec 2009

Well hell on a donkey, here you are again.
Who would have guessed?

Deekio 22:37 19 Dec 2009

Anti-christianity would be my 2nd best guess!

Forum Editor 23:09 19 Dec 2009

because

a) It wasn't that good to start with

b) It would appear as incredibly hammy to today's audience. Ernest Borgnine played a Roman Centurion with an American accent for goodness sake.

c) Not enough people would be interested in watching something that was made thirty years ago.

bri-an 23:43 19 Dec 2009

Pray tell me if I've said anything to upset your wee self - this repeated "..hell on a donkey.." business is getting a tad boring.

Condom 23:55 19 Dec 2009

If I also remember correctly this was originally issued at easter not Xmas and is probably more suited to that time of year if it were to be repaeted again.

Quickbeam 09:24 20 Dec 2009

"Not enough people would be interested in watching something that was made thirty years ago."
Oh, I don't know, I still watch The Sweeney on the digital channels...

shellship 15:29 20 Dec 2009

"Not enough people would be interested in watching something that was made thirty years ago."
Aren't they bringing back White Christmas in response to demand?

bri-an 16:00 20 Dec 2009

I'll not mention The Wizard of Oz.

But I agree with FE that the Robert Powell film was 'hammy' and infinitely less than a classic - otherwise it would be repeated as much as the 'Wizard'.

Deekio 19:24 20 Dec 2009

I apologise for the, hell on a donkey, my wife has pulled me up about it numerous times, both in
writing and speech. What about, cobblers in a spaceship. Merry Christmas all the best.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017